One of the world's most popular nature apps, iNaturalist helps you identify the plants and animals around you. Get connected with a community of over 400,000 scientists and naturalists who can help you learn more about nature! What's more, by recording and sharing your observations, you'll create research quality data for scientists working to better understand and protect nature. iNaturalist is a joint initiative by the California Academy of Sciences and the National Geographic Society
• Discover species new to you both near and far
• Record your own observations and share them with the community
• Receive suggestions and crowdsourced identifications of what you've seen
• Discuss and help others identify what they've seen
• Follow projects comprised of smaller communities and fellow citizen scientists passionate about a particular place and/or species
• add year in review
• updates and bug fixes for projects tab
• a few other bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So far so good.
What a great idea. Community science can potentially make contribution to total human knowledge. We live in an age of disinformation and many of our leaders in high office are uneducated idiots. Similarly, the level of science education of the general public is quite poor and any scheme which increases the public interest in STEM subjects is a wonderful thing. The app seems like a great portal. Who knows what you could discover?
Love this app!
Still figuring it all out but I love having an app to satisfy my geeky Naturalista self.
Very informative and helpful.
- iNaturalist, LLC
- 37.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2014 iNaturalist, California Academy of Sciences
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.