Plan optimal routes or chart your own course using weather, elevation, curves and more. Then navigate safely with voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that automatically check your route for severe weather.
***Featured as a Best New App on the US App Store for Navigation***
***As seen on the TODAY show in the Traveling This Summer segment***
“adding to both the safety of the ride and the pleasure of knowing beforehand what to expect” - Florin Tibu, “autoevolution”
“I used InRoute for planning six world record attempts. No weather app gives you more information, period.” - Carl Reese, Multiple World Record Holder
Key Features (some require inRoute Pro--see below):
• Voice guided navigation of up to 150 locations with automatic severe weather alerts (alerts are currently available in the US, Canada, and EU)
• Optimise waypoint order for fastest time, or manually reorder
• Import from XLSX, GPX and KML files
• Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route
• Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times
• Search along a route—the whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a place—find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
• Set Departure and Layover Times—weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
• Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, print via Airprint, and share with family and friends
• Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts
• Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, and Waze. Some apps use inRoute's "Agenda Nav" feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info
• Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
• Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
inRoute Pro (for iPhone, iPad & Mac):
- £4.99 monthly, or £39.99 annually. 1 week free trial
- Create routes with up to 150 locations (8 in free version)
- Sync routes and pins between devices
- Weather charts/custom routes
- Severe weather alerts during navigation (US, Canada, EU areas)
- Export/share routes as GPX files
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Since continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life, inRoute will automatically shut down if you haven't used it in a while.
Fixed a bug that could cause a crash searching the map with recent iOS releases
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really sad I have to use Waze in between stops to find the fastest route. InRoute cannot be trusted a lot of the time.
Also this app is dangerous driving as you try to zoom out to try and get an overview of where you are going next and it auto corrects to center over and over again. I have literally screamed at this app several times. Once you get this stupid app to zoom out (and the double click is useless btw) I need to press the arrow button like three times to get the map back to North, or way I’m travelling up.
Slow to update position, can’t make it shut up for a couple minutes at a stop, told you hit mute button which is not convenient when carrying delivery, clipboard and pen plus car keys. Speed is important, not holding a mute button and half the time the volume control pops up.
Have emailed maker of app before about these problems but it was just ignored.
Please fix this and you’ll get a 5 star review. Ignore again and you’ll get a cancelled paid subscription.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Sorry for the confusion. During navigation, zooming in/out on the map recenters on your current location since this is commonly used to quickly show more of the route (e.g. by pinching or with a two-finger tap on the map to zoom out). However, you can pan the map, without zooming, and it will no longer recenter on your current location (the lower-right location icon will show a blue highlight to indicate that it's unlocked). Once unlocked, you can zoom in/out or pan around and it won't recenter, not until you tap that location icon to again lock the map back on your location.
To silence voice navigation at stops, the easiest option is to press and hold on the "Speech" button which mutes/unmutes the voice. Depending on how long you're stopping you might also consider ending the navigation, since tapping Go when you're already along the route will offer to pick up where you left off (resume to the next waypoint).
Hope this helps. If you have any other questions or features you would like to see added, please contact us anytime with the Help button in the app (map's Info icon) or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facile à utiliser...
Facile à utiliser si on prend le temps de l'apprendre. Le seul défaut que je note avec cette application c'est qu'elle utilise les cartes de Plans de Apple au lieu de Google Maps. Avec Plan, on doit zoomer beaucoup pour voir les détails et routes secondaires contrairement à Google Maps. J’aime quand même beaucoup cette application car je peux planifier mes sorties en moto sur mon IPad et les envoyer sur mon gps Garmin Zumo XT. Le prix de l'abonnement annuel reste quand même raisonnable pour la qualité de l’application.
Great and bugs
I love the app but for some reason when I use it for work and I start adding up adresses in the app , the app starts lagging like crazy and I don’t understand why and I’m actually paying for this app it’s disappointing and my iPhone XR is one year old I don’t understand but other than that it’s a good app but i need to fix this i need help please
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Carob Apps, LLC
- 59.3 MB
Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Carob Apps
- In-App Purchases
- inRoute Pro $5.99
- Route Planner Premium $6.99
- inRoute Pro $49.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.