--- Hear about Here ---
• Inside Outside Battery is an interactive adventure in sound: an innovative way to discover the unique Battery area on the popular North Head walking trail in St. John's, Newfoundland.
• While your eyes see an outside landscape of laneways and cliffside houses, your ears will hear the inside stories: told to you by artists, writers, storytellers and the people who live there. The app triggers audio by GPS-location, and covers the area from the beginning of Battery Road to Signal Hill National Historic Park.
• Using the app is simple: just plug in your earphones and start walking. More than 30 stories will whisper in your ear all the way from Battery Road to the North Head Trail, playing automatically as you pass through each location.
--- Hear the secret world of the Battery, including: ---
• Best-selling novelist Lisa Moore with a new short story set on the Battery
• Governor-General's Award-winning poets Don McKay and Michel Savard celebrating quirky neighbours and even quirkier geology.
• Painter Jean-Claude Roy inviting you to see the Battery through an artist's eyes.
• Residents sharing local stories, from fishing to falling overboard and finding a leprechaun's treasure.
• Storyteller Dale Jarvis with a secret (very secret) ghost story.
• Naval historian Gary Green describing the harbour's pivotal role in the World War Two "Battle of the Atlantic"
--- Produced by the multi-award-winning Battery Radio. ---
• Our audio productions have won over 40 honours including the international Prix Italia and Peabody awards
• Supported by the Canada Council, Newfoundland & Labrador Arts Council, City of St. John's, Newfoundland & Labrador Department of Tourism, Culture & Recreation.
• Please note: This app is for use on location in the Battery area of St. John's, NL, Canada only
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
Interesting personal stories - slow down and listen
I loved this app - discovered it from a sign on the trail and listened to most of the content. I discovered back corners and lanes I would have walked right past, and learned about the history and culture right from the locals. I like the concept of just being able to walk and have the stories start automatically. I found myself wanting to listen later when I get home, but I ended up liking the “here and now” concept - it made me slow down and experience my walk differently. Thanks!
The developer, Battery Radio Inc, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Battery Radio Inc
- 101.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Chris Brookes
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.