Just Press Record is the ultimate mobile audio recorder bringing one tap recording, transcription and iCloud syncing to all your devices. You can even start a new recording completely hands-free with Siri!
Life is full of moments we would rather not forget - like your child’s first words, an important meeting or spontaneous idea. Capture these moments effortlessly on iPhone, iPad or for ultimate convenience, Apple Watch.
• Use a Siri Shortcut to start a new recording.
• One tap to start, stop, pause and resume recording.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Record discretely in the background.
• Choose to record from the built-in mic, AirPods or external microphones.
• Start and stop recording from the Lock screen widget, with a 3D Touch Quick Action or via the URL scheme.
• Record independently on Apple Watch and sync later.
• Seek backwards and forwards during playback.
• Adjustable playback speed.
• Turn speech into searchable text.
• Edit your transcriptions right inside the app.
• Support for over 30 languages, independent of your device's language setting.
• Format as you record with punctuation command recognition.
• Share audio and text to other apps on your iOS device.
• Share to iTunes on Mac or PC via the Lightning Port.
• View recent recordings or browse your library by date and time.
• Search by filename or transcription content.
• Dedicated tab for quick access to recordings made on Apple Watch.
• Peek and Pop the contents of folders in the Browse tab.
• Rename recordings.
• Slide Over and Split View support on iPad.
• Choose to store recordings either in iCloud Drive or locally on-device.
• Recordings stored in iCloud Drive automatically sync across all your devices.
• Transcriptions are stored within the audio file.
• Support for high quality external microphones connected via the Lightning Port.
• Customizable Audio Settings to enhance your recording experience.
• File types include WAV, AIF or standard iTunes M4A (ACC).
• High quality audio up to 96kHz / 24-bit.
• VoiceOver support throughout the app.
• Magic Tap gesture to start / stop a recording.
• Dark Mode makes the app more comfortable to use in the dark.
Just Press Record includes an Apple Watch app that gives you the freedom to record anywhere, even when your iPhone is not around.
• Start recording with a single tap on the Complication, or just ask Siri!
• Record discretely in the background.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Recordings automatically transfer to iPhone for transcription and iCloud syncing.
• Listen to recent recordings through the built-in speaker or AirPods.
• Adjust volume with the Digital Crown.
• Pause recording with a downward swipe.
• Accessibility support with VoiceOver, reduced motion and support for the extra large Complication template.
• Transcription requires a good, clean audio signal. Avoid recording in noisy environments and ensure the microphone is positioned close to the source.
• Recording from AirPods is not available on Apple Watch.
• Just Press Record for Mac is available as a separate purchase on the Mac App Store.
• URL scheme implemented by Just Press Record can be found on our FAQ page.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Just Press Record will never interrupt you to ask for a review - we don’t like being interrupted either! However, App Store ratings and reviews are important, so if you are enjoying Just Press Record and have a spare minute, we’d be delighted if you could leave a rating or review on the App Store. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Stable mature product
I bought this app quite a while back, and subsequently been updated numerous times and is my go to application when I have something very quick to say that I want to transcribe later. Or, I have something much longer to dictate that Siri would tend to interrupt and break the flow of the recording. This app doesn’t interrupt my thought process and flow, transcription later is fairly accurate, likely ranging somewhere between 70 and 90%. Having a quiet background and speaking clearly and slowly into the microphone produces the best result
Too many “Unknown Transcription Error” msgs
I’m very disappointed app would not record unless right beside the source. Even when it did record beside the source (a radio) when later transcribing app would say “unknown transcription error” every time, so only a couple of sentences transcribed before error message and it stopped working. Will delete app today. Wasted money!
I love this app. I use it all the time for recording music ideas to recording important detailed information when I can’t write it down. It works awesome with an iPhone for picking up sound. So you can hit record put down your phone, and then start taking apart something and just narrate what you are doing so you can go back and follow what you did step by step. But it can pick up what I say clearly from across the room.
The ability to reorganize and rename files/file names is awesome . I can record and classify what I’m working on into file folders so that I can locate what file I’m looking for in seconds. It backs up to iCloud or google one/drive and is retrievable from all of your devices. This is the one app I must have on my phone at all times and I would be upset if it wasn’t available anymore.
Having said that if they moved to a subscription model like all of these other idiot apps out there - that would be the line where I would download all of my info and delete the app.
So to any of you ‘greedy app developing subscription pirate money grabbing monkeys’ follow this developers example...because if your app is not on my phone it’s because I read the ultimate swear in your description....the ‘S’ word. I even hate the word description because it sounds like subscription....that’s how much I hate subscriptions. I call people ‘subscriptions’ when I really don’t like them....’you’re nothing but a subscription’ and they recoil in fear and hurt from such insults being uttered. Well, this app will not cause that undue stress to users. I recommend it 100% - and it also comes with the seal of endorsement of the people’s anti-subscription movement.....power to the people.
- Open Planet Software Limited
- 7.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Open Planet Software Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.