Kwantlen Polytechnic University, located in Beautiful British Columbia, goes global with this innovative Plant Database App that takes plant and pest identification to a whole new level!
There are over 1500 plant entries and 20,000 images with close-up details of the leaves, flowers, fruits, or cones. Users of this app can specify criteria that will narrow the search results and then compare images to identify the plant. The plant gallery image sets are taken from the full web version of the KPU Plant Database, and the app has been optimized with key search criteria and mapping capabilities to enable users to identify plants in the field more quickly.
Applications for this Lite version:
• identifying plants in the field using key search criteria and images
• finding plants that fits a plant family, specific name, search criteria, or description
• choosing plants based on features such as flower time and colour for garden redesign
• identifying plant pests and diseases by signs, symptoms, or description
• searching plant and pest category combinations on the internet without the need to type
• projecting screenshots of images for teaching or employee training purposes
• reviewing plant images or locating specimens stored as favorites in preparation for tests
Fixed mapping and get directions
Better real time location
Ratings and Reviews
The app makes it very quick to identify common local plants in the field.
This is app is very useful for people who have some idea of what they are talking about... Maybe not as user friendly to people that aren't studying horticulture
- Aaron Roth
- 515.1 KB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.