Boreal Tales is an educational game which motivates your K-8 students to write and stimulates their creativity. All while they’re creating fantastical worlds, filled to the brim with life, color, and personality.
The game is principally designed to be used in class. The teacher manages the game through a website where they will create accounts for their students to login to the game. There they will also be able to create challenges, which the students will use to guide their creations in the game. Once they’ve been assigned a challenge, the students will use their imagination to create stories; placing buildings, objects and people on their worlds and annotating them with dialogues, descriptions, and other text. The website allows the teacher to correct the text that their student’s have written, and when the students have finished their work, the teacher can share a student’s work with the rest of the class.
- The players have the choice of over 1000 different objects and characters to construct their worlds. New objects are being added all the time!
- These items are grouped by themes: Medieval-Fantasy, Miniature World, Western, History, Space and more! No matter your taste, there are objects which will inspire your creativity.
- The student’s creations are securely saved on the cloud. Worlds can be accessed from any device the game is installed on, just login and continue your creation where you left off.
Boreal Tales is an ecosystem which stimulates literary and artistic creation, it offers students an environment where they can build worlds and tell interactive stories. Through writing and exploration, they can practice the writing skills they’ve learnt in class.
Note: This game cannot be played without the creation of a user account by a teacher responsible for the class. Consult our site www.borealtales.info for more information.
It's here! Our biggest update since v3 launched! Here's just some of the things we've added:
- Teacher and Student Portfolios; Save your and your student's best work for posterity!
- Students can see feedback from the teacher after the challenge has been finished.
- Streamlined account creation process!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The game is fun but can you please make it so that the people and monster can move out of there places thank you
Best app ever
This app is great for teachers,why?Because with this app u can do all of your school project and have fun at the same time u are doing school
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.