A game-based way to learn French the fun way!
Built just for kids aged 7 to 12, La Francomobile is engaging and motivating. Beginners learning the French language will benefit from going beyond flashcards the best way there is: through listening to fluent francophones speak on video and audio.
La Francomobile won prestigious awards such as “Best Learning App (Tablet)” at the 2017 Kidscreen Awards and the 2016 Award of Excellence of the Youth Media Alliance in the “Best Interactive Content – Learning” category.
The entire Cooper family are going on vacation. Along the way, Nanette, the younger sister, soon discovers A+, a computer virus living in her brother's tablet…
Lessons are organized by theme. Each theme features 5 entertaining clips. Minigames form the bulk of the exercises. Points won in the minigames are used to unlock more powers in order to save A+ from the antiviruses!
• Try more than 4 hours of content for free!
• 8 thematic modules introduce learners to basic vocabulary in context, with proper speed and accents typical of French spoken in North America.
• 40 short videos adapted for teaching at levels A1 and A2 of the CECRL
• Over 20 hours of fun games in French - vocabulary, grammar, written and listening comprehension
• 200 key vocabulary words - kids learn French words they can use in everyday situations
"Instead of the time-honoured dictée list, where kids sometimes don’t know what the words they’re learning mean, the game helps kids expand their vocabulary in an applied setting (...) The kids learn words in context – so when Thomas, the older of the two siblings, declares he’s cold, he may ask for a “manteau,” for example."
- Kamila Hinkson, "New app makes learning French fun" in Montreal Families, January 2016 edition.
“The use of iPads and other tablets can potentially transform language learning. I’ve observed students using La Francomobile application captivated by its videos, seemingly under the impression they were playing or having fun while learning,”
- Thierry Karsenti, M.A., M.Ed., Ph.D., holds the Canada Research Chair on information and communications technologies (ICTs) in education.
The Thematic Modules:
• Here we are
• My Community
• My Feelings
• Places to go
• Things to do
• Leave a message
• Improving learners’ oral and written comprehension skills
• Recognizing and understanding vocabulary related to proposed themes
• Reading and understanding a brief and simple description related to proposed themes
• Understanding oral and written descriptions
• Enhancing learning experiences with the help of interactive activities
Please take note that the following devices aren’t supported: iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad mini 1 and iPad mini 2.
Questions? Comments? Issues? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have improved the app's performance. Contact us at email@example.com if you experience any issues!
Ratings and Reviews
Une très bonne app pour apprendre le français
Avec les nombreuses vidéos et tous ces jeux, les enfants adorent. C'est excellent!
Simple and intuitive
A simple and intuitive French learning program for children. Nice interface and animation. Worth the different activity modules.
Je sais déja le français Mais c'est amusant
- TV5 Quebec Canada
- 223.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © TV5 Quebec Canada
- In-App Purchases
- ALL MODULES $21.99
- module 2 "MY COMMUNITY" $5.49
- 4 NEW PROFILES $5.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.