The best Latin text generator for OS X. Incredibly quick and lightweight. And it’s completely free!
• Option to wrap generated text in HTML tags
• Generates words, sentences or paragraphs
• Random output using actual Latin words
• Fast, simple, easy to use
• Lightweight & low on system resources
• Supports Growl notifications
• Lives in the menu bar for quick access
• No internet connection required
"As a fan of handy Mac menubar apps, LittleIpsum rightfully finds its place in mine. Convenient. Simple. Useful. A must for anyone that designs or writes code.” — Brian Hoff of The Design Cubicle
“It’s the swiss army knife of latin text generators.” — Trent Walton
"Have been trying out LittleIpsum. Much faster than other methods. Access OS-wide, too. I still use loremify, but sometimes waiting for dashboard takes forever.” — Luke Dorny
• Mouse hover is no longer offset on El Capitan
• Removed anonymous usage metrics where I was able to see how frequently, and what amount of latin an anonymous user was copying
Ratings and Reviews
Reliable and a great interface
For developers creating dummy content, this is a very valuable tool to have. The interface is unique and intuitive as well. One addition that would make it even more solid would be keyboard shortcuts so that the menu item doesn't have to be triggered with a mouse every time.
As a designer LittleIpsum is a great little app that quickly generates placeholder text for my designs and speeds up my workflow. Highly recommended!
I’m a graphic designer and I work with many applications which don’t all have the function to generate placeholder text. This app just does it perfectly.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.