Reference the official 1986 version of Luther’s Small Catechism wherever you are. This beautifully designed app makes reading and navigating the Small Catechism easy and convenient.
• Multiple translations
• Optimized for readability
• Designed for iOS8 (compatible with iOS7)
• Share via Twitter, Facebook, and email
About Luther’s Small Catechism
Brief, clear summaries of God’s Word allow individuals and families alike to use Luther’s Small Catechism as a powerful tool and prayer book. Though the catechism was written by Martin Luther in 1529, its question and answer format provides Christians with a timeless and easy-to-use guidebook that is applicable to all the various callings we have in life.
The Small Catechism explores the Six Chief Parts of Christian Doctrine: the Ten Commandments, the Apostles’ Creed, the Lord’s Prayer, the Sacrament of Holy Baptism, Confession, and the Sacrament of the Altar. It also includes daily prayers, a table of duties for Christians, and a guide for Christians to use as they prepare to receive Holy Communion.
What’s new in this release?
- Introduction of a premium version which includes the Explanation to Luther’s Small Catechism that was updated in 2017 with new devotional and study features.
- Scrolling now includes text preview to allow you to easily jump to the right section.
- Even more languages have been added.
- The free version still includes the text of Luther’s Small Catechism.Reference the official 1986 version of Luther’s Small Catechism wherever you are.
This beautifully designed app makes reading and navigating the Small Catechism easy and convenient.
- Multiple translations
- Optimized for readability
- Share via Twitter, Facebook, and email
- Offline viewing
About Luther’s Small Catechism
Written by Martin Luther in 1529, the Small Catechism provides a brief, clear summary of God’s Word on the essentials of the Christian faith. In question-and-answer format, it explores the Six Chief Parts of Christian Doctrine and includes daily prayers, a table of duties for Christians in their various callings, and a guide forChristians as they prepare to receive Holy Communion.An explanation designed to help readers understand and apply Luther’s Small Catechism has accompanied editions of the catechism since the early days of Lutheranism. The 2017 edition offers an updated and expanded explanation, tackling issues prevalent in our culture today. With 374 questions and 1142 Scripture references, the new Explanation provides more biblical teaching and devotional aids than ever before. The Bible text included in the Explanation is from the English Standard Version (ESV).
Ratings and Reviews
Love this App!
Thankful for this app.
This makes it handy to access Luther's Small Catechism when away from the hardback copy. Thanks CPH!
- Concordia Publishing House
- 60.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Spanish, Tigrinya
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1986 Concordia Publishing House
- In-App Purchases
- Catechism Explanation $10.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.