Find the best route to your destination even without an internet connection. Magic Earth uses OpenstreetMap data and a powerful search engine to offer you the optimal routes for driving, biking, hiking and public transportation.
• We do not track you. We do not profile you. We do not trade in your personal data; moreover, we do not have it.
• Save big on mobile internet costs and navigate reliably with offline maps powered by OpenStreetMap. 233 countries and regions are ready to be downloaded.
• Choose between 2D, 3D and Satellite map views.
• Get ready for travel and know every detail of your route like surface, difficulty, distance and elevation profile.
• Learn more about the points of interest near you from Wikipedia articles.
• Spot nearby parking places to easily park your car.
• Stay up-to-date and enjoy regular free map updates.
• Connect to Apple CarPlay and enjoy the ultimate navigation experience.
• Find the fastest or the shortest route to your destination when you travel by car, bike, on foot or with public transport.
• Plan your route with multiple waypoints.
• Stay safe with the free Head-up Display (HUD) feature which projects the most important navigation info onto the windshield of your car.
• Know in advance which lane to take with precise turn-by-turn navigation and lane assistance.
• Get notified about speed cameras and stay up to date with current speed limits.
• Get real-time traffic info, updated every minute.
• Discover alternative routes that avoid the traffic jams and save you time on the road.
• Get around town quickly and easily. Choose from public transit routes that combine all transportation modes: bus / metro / subway / light rail / train / ferry
• Get walking directions, transfer times, departure times, number of stops. And when available, the cost.
• Find wheelchair or bike friendly public transportation.
• View current temperature and local weather forecast for your favorite locations.
• See what weather conditions to expect in the next hours and view the forecast for the next 14 days.
* Some features are not available in all countries.
* Some features require internet connection.
This is a big one!
• The look and feel of the user interface has been radically redesigned to be more fresh and visually-pleasing
• New AI Dash Camera feature which supports Recordings and Advanced Driver Assistance, also known as ADAS
• Incident Reports feature: warn drivers about speed cameras, traffic and more
• Advanced Driver Assistance and Incident Reports available also in CarPlay
Ratings and Reviews
The Best Offline Map
You guys have done a greatest job. This’s the best offline map I have ever used. But it has a bug on iPad, I’ve gotten a black screen. And can you set a voice guidance or the haptic alerts on Apple Watch? Can you change the informations panels like speed and ETA to the top under the direction panel on the screen? That will be easy to get more informations in one sight and reduce the distractions.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback, we have added your suggestion to have haptic alerts on Apple Watch on our to-do list. Regarding the issue you encountered on your iPad, let’s find out what’s going on. Does an app reinstall helps? Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.
Was very hopeful but ultimately disappointing
I was very hopeful that this would be the app that could compete with my Garmin GPS.
It has all the right features, its even the only one that has a speedometer and not just shows the speed limit.
Alas, it’s so laggy it’s still telling me to turn the corner when I’m 100 yards down the road. The crowdsourced maps are ok in cities but lack speed limits in even semi rural areas.
There’s also one REALLY annoying bug. When you enter search text in CarPlay, the keyboard obscures the results so it’s totally useless.
Hoping it matures into what it could become but right now it’s just not useable.
Since I discovered this app, I never stopped using it.
Sometimes, can’t find address and have to use another app. Keep the app good like this and don’t stop making it even better.
Developer Response ,
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review Magic Earth. Please send us at email@example.com examples of addresses that could not be found in the app. We will be happy to check them and get back to you with feedback. Thanks and looking forward to your email. Best wishes!
- General Magic GmbH
- 121.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Cantonese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015-2019 General Magic
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.