Marvin Side-by-Side is a special version of Marvin that helps you manage a second library, and read or study two books at the same time (1). SxS works great with devices that support Split View and Slide over.
- Includes all the features in the regular version of Marvin.
- Keep a second library, great for shared devices in the family (1).
- Read or study two books side-by-side using Slide Over and Split View (1, 2).
- SxS libraries can be protected using a password and Touch ID.
- Easily transfer books to and from Marvin.
Here are a few highlights of this release:
- Built from scratch with a brand new interface.
- Opens DRM-free EPUB books, CBX, and CBR comics.
- Supports all the latest iOS technologies including Split View, Slide Over, Spotlight, Touch ID, Today Widgets, iCloud, and iPad Pro.
- High-fidelity rendering with the most comprehensive set of customization options you're likely to use.
- Multi-theme UI with optional automatic light/dark switching.
- Vertical scrolling with auto scroll, guide bars, and edge tapping.
- Goodreads integration.
- Karaoke (speed reading).
- External Bluetooth keyboard and remote control support including customizable key commands for in-book navigation and control.
- Side-load your own fonts.
- Reading statistics.
- New library viewing modes and management tools.
- Quick launch panel on iPad.
- Fully customizable, independent, portrait and landscape multi column modes.
- Whole book page numbering.
- Substantially improved highlighting.
- Footnote popups.
- Photo exporer.
- Reading journal with photos, tags, and maps.
- Extensive import and export tools.
(1) the second library and side-by-side reading requires the corresponding Marvin 3 app.
(2) works best on devices that support Split View and Slide Over.
Visit appstafarian.com for a complete and impressive feature list.
Marvin SxS opens DRM-free EPUB books (basic support for 3.0), and CBZ/CBR comics.
If you're into DRM-free books, we worked hard to make Marvin the best way to enjoy them.
This update includes:
* New: Improved compatibility with iOS 11 and latest devices.
* Fixed: Dropbox connectivity problems.
* Updated: Improved Dropbox sync performance.
* Updated: Improved performance of image effects in comic viewer.
* Fixed: Display artefacts on latest devices and system software.
* Updated: Twitter and Facebook share sheets replaced by system share sheet +++
* Miscellaneous performance improvements and fixes.
+++ From iOS 11 onwards, native Twitter and Facebook share sheets need to be replaced with the standard system share sheet. To post you will need the official Twitter and/or Facebook apps installed.
Thanks a lot to everyone who took the time to submit a bug report and provide feedback.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best eReader App for iOS
This is *by far* the best eReader app on iOS. Feature rich, fully customizable... it’s everything iBooks, the Kindle app, and the Kobo app should be. It even has support for comics.
My one gripe is that the app now seems to be in maintenance mode. I think there’s still some work to be done with sync as if you use multiple iOS devices reading position has to be synced manually and you can’t sync your eBook shelf (meaning you have to add the book to every device manually). This seems like two things that could be accomplished with iCloud (ie. the developer doesn’t need to host a sync service). If the lack of steady income is the reason for no new features better sync could easily be a in-app subscription.
I use Side x Side because of the black icon. Adding more icon choices in both apps and charging a fee for more options would be awesome. Because of Marvin’s beautifully simple icon, there’s an endless set of background colours that would work.
Love this reader...
I’ve paid for half a dozen readers trying to find one that works for me. But if them all I’m a big fan of Marvin and use it daily on my iPad.
If I had a gripe it’s the lack of iCloud sync for ebooks. It syncs your position but not the ebook itself. Meaning I find my self looking on my iPhone to use it and realize I don’t have the book with me. If this option is available I can’t find it. Otherwise an amazing app and I hope the developer will continue to maintain it for us. Worth whatever the cost is today.
Super Buggy, Crashes Often But..
It’s a great app and the way to get around the crashes is to go into Settings on your iPhone and select Marvin or Marvin SXS and switch on the abort pending import.
It sucks because it’s screwed up the import feature having the regular and SXS but I do enjoy both apps.
- Appstafarian Limited
- 86.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2013-2016 Appstafarian Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Fabulous Tip $6.99
- Generous Tip $1.39
- Amazing Tip $2.79
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.