MathBoard now supports iCloud Syncing, along with a host of other newer technologies, like Text to Speech as well as Speech Input, the Apple Pencil, Slide Over and Split Views and more.
MathBoard® is a highly configurable math app appropriate for all school aged children. Beginning in kindergarten, with simple addition and subtraction problems, through elementary school where learning multiplication and division can be a real challenge. MathBoard will allow you to configure the app to best match the abilities of your individual child/student.
More than just standard drills, MathBoard encourages students to actually solve problems, and not just guess at answers. This is done by providing multiple answer styles, as well as a scratchboard area where problems can be worked out by hand. Students can also turn to MathBoard's Problem Solver for further help. This powerful teaching feature walks students through the steps required to solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division equations. Additionally, the included quick reference tables serve as a valuable learning tool.
Math Activities. These activities include Find the Sign, Equality/Inequality, and Match Math (a memory game). Each activity is based upon the current settings level, so the difficulty will vary based on the student’s knowledge.
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY:
“This is the best integer practice app or program I have found in 34 years of teaching math.”- Tim Seiber, Math Teacher
“MathBoard has charm without losing track of its fundamental purpose (Arithmetic drills).” - MacWorld (4 out of 5 mice)
“MathBoard is a stunning app for teaching addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems. The number of customization options available makes this a brilliant app for making math fun for elementary school children.” - androapple
- Random equation generation for Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Squares, Cubes, and Square Root problems.
- Number ranges are configurable, including the ability to require certain numbers to be in each problem and the ability to omit negative answers.
- Number and order of displayed digits can be limited, allowing for equations to conform to certain learning levels (e.g. 2 digit numbers over 1 digit numbers).
- Generates simple equations, as well as single step algebraic equations. (e.g. 6+x=12; x-8=2; 5x=25).
- Intelligent problem and "wrong answer" generation makes guessing more difficult.
- Includes both multiple choice, as well as, fill in the blank style questions.
- Activities and quizzes can be timed, either as a countdown timer or elapsed time.
- Equation configuration settings can be saved for future use as well as shared with others.
- Multiple student profiles are supported. Includes the ability to save, review, and share the results for activities and quizzes with others.
- Problem Solver will outline the steps needed to solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems.
- In addition to standard drills, activities are included (Find the Sign, Equality/Inequality and Match Math).
- Quick reference math tables for counting, addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
- iCloud (syncing) support.
- Support for Slide Over and Split View.
- Support for the Apple Pencil.
- Keyboard commands.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent software to teach, review and test your kids. I use this app every evening with my son (9) and daughter (7) and they love it.
Better then they claim
Very well thought out. Playing ( learning don't tell the kids ) or set up very easy. Where they say it's good for school kids is very true I am 56yrs old. I use it to try and keep sharp ( Im not working ). I would like to suggest that you add quickly, percentages. Quickly so you can keep the number one spot. It's hard to get there harder to stay there. Thanks
Fantastic and Useful!
We use this app almost every school day. My children have memorized their multiplication tables using this app exclusively, but we have used it for addition and subtraction drills and timed drills also. I appreciate that I can control ALL the parameters of the drills/quizzes, and that I can email the records of the children's work to myself so I can keep a record of their work. It is the best math app we have, and we have at least 10. Kids do not get distracted by silly nonsense and unnecessary over the top praise, they are able to focus and work quickly, and the reward is a high score, and they are happy with that.
I have used this app from the moment it came out on the iPad, and I have not had any issues whatsoever. Kids find it easy to use, and they enjoy this app over all the others (they actually fight for who gets to go first to use this for their drills).
THANK YOU for developing and continuing to improve this wonderfully useful app.
- PalaSoftware Inc.
- 25.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright ©2010-18 palasoftware Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.