* The Essential Guide to First Aid and Medical Emergencies *
Before embarking on your next outdoor adventure, Medicine for the Outdoors is an essential tool to download to your mobile device. Medicine for the Outdoors is a powerful app that provides the critical information you need when confronted by an emergency. Widely considered one of the foremost authorities on outdoor medicine, author Paul S. Auerbach, MD, offers concise explanations and practical solutions for medical problems encountered in remote locations. Whether exploring in the mountains, deserts, forests, jungles, or oceans, with Medicine for the Outdoors downloaded on your smartphone or tablet you will always have life-saving information at hand, even when you don’t have an internet connection.
Medicine for the Outdoors features:
• Step-by-step instructions for best ways to handle medical problems
• 260+ figures illustrating proper procedures
• Instructions for managing with materials at hand
• Guidance for adjusting to severe weather, rugged terrain, equipment failure, and more
• Direction on administration and dosages of commonly used drugs
• Useful conversion tables for temperature, weight, and measurement
• Downloadable content – no WiFi access necessary
• Universal Index Search to find topics quickly
• Favorites for ’bookmarking’ important entries
Author: Paul S. Auerbach, MD, MS, FACEP, FAWM
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
This latest update provides interface upgrades to help enhance the performance of your app.
If you have further questions about the new features, please contact Unbound Medicine Support.
- Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- 15.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.