"...a true notepad experience that may help you make a clean break from the pencil-and-paper era." -New York Times.
=== Users describe Mental Note as "the only notepad app... that's actually better than, and as simple as, a pen and paper." It's "the future of note taking", and "a big sketchpad... [to] free-associate and put stuff down in any format". Mental Note for iPad brings the future closer with an even bigger sketchpad for you to capture your ideas on.
Turn your iPad into a digital notepad. Combine pictures, voice recordings, drawings and text - all on the same page, in any order you choose.
An idea... a flash - a moment of genius. When a thought hits, and you have to remember it, why limit how you record it? The more context and sensory details you can capture, the clearer the idea can be put down. Use pictures, audio, sketching and text together on the same page... a digital page that can be shared with anyone.
Mental Note allows you to capture ideas as they happen: use pictures, dictate, add text, sketch on anything. Ideas clarified. Creativity captured.
- Draw with your finger using multiple colours and widths on top of pictures, text, or anywhere else on the page. Zoom in to sketch fine details.
- Choose a picture from your album and add it to the page.
- Add audio to the page by recording with the built-in microphone. Continue to edit your note while recording.
- Organize your notes using tags.
- Password protect your private notes and flag your important ones.
- Attach Calendar events to your notes.
- Undo, redo anything in the note by shaking the device.
- Delete note sections using the toolbar button or by swiping any note section.
- Move a note section by swiping and then dragging it to its new location.
- Length of a note is limited only by device memory.
- Export in a variety of formats including PDF, text, Mental Note format, and more. Send using email, iCloud, Dropbox, and more.
* Send a note in Mental Note format so the note may be imported into another person's Mental Note app.
* Using email, export a complete note directly from Mental Note as either a PDF document or a picture (each audio recording is attached to the email as a separate file; use QuickTime or another modern media player to play the attached audio). You can also email just the text from your note.
- Export your notes and backups to your iCloud and/or Dropbox account.
- Share a note with your friends using Twitter.
- Map the location a note was created at (if location services are enabled).
- Change the size and font of the text in your notes.
- Change the color and background of your notes.
- Numerous other configuration options.
- Supports all orientations.
THIS VERSION IS OPTIMIZED FOR iPad. FOR iPhone & iPod touch, PLEASE SEE Mental Note - the digital notepad.
Read more: www.zymbiotic.com
Fixed a keyboard issue reported by some international users related to language switching and dictating.
Ratings and Reviews
Not worth the price
I bought this app trying to write on a picture to email or iMessage
You can't iMessage and the email become and attachment not the body of the email, and the result is way to small for reading
Over all not very pleasant design. Very simple app
Don't waist your money
Slight improvement with update
Users can now import images (although placement and scaling is out of their control) and type, but the drawing quality is still very poor. It's tough to compete with Penultimate on drawing quality.
I gave 4 stars. The only thing in my opinion that is missing is the ability to write text with the virtual keyboard everywhere on the document and not be forced to write in line... For example I do a quick sketch to illustrate an idea and I want to add word with the keyboard on the picture to tag some specific spot but I can't since I can only write on the next line.
Nontheless a great app. Thx
- Zymbiotic Technologies
- 24 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Zymbiotic Technologies Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Paper Customization feature $1.39
- Straight Line Drawing feature $2.79
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.