SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT DOWNLOAD
*** Downloading this app is a 2-step process: the first step is a download of the app template, and the second step is a full download of app content. This can take 5 to 10 minutes on wifi in 64-bit devices. 32-bit devices may take longer. Please do not navigate away from the app until both steps have been completed. ***
The amount of clinical information currently doubles every 18 months and the pace is only getting faster. Stay up-to-date with the Merck Manual Professional App.
This useful medical reference app provides health care practitioners and students with clear, practical explanations for thousands of conditions in all major medical and surgical specialties. With many new features and enhancements, this app covers etiology, pathophysiology, and options for evaluation and treatment.
The trusted Merck Manual Professional medical app offers:
• Thousands of topics written and updated regularly by more than 350 academic physicians
• Photos and Illustrations of thousands of disorders and diseases
•”How to” Videos on numerous outpatient procedures and physical examinations. Concise instructional videos by medical experts on these key topics:
- Casting and splinting techniques
- Orthopedic examinations
- Neurologic examinations
- Obstetric procedures
- Outpatient procedures (including IV lines, tubes, catheters, dislocation reductions and more)
• Drug Reference Information*
• Quizzes* check knowledge of medical disorders, symptoms, and treatments
• Interactive Case Simulations* test ability to treat a specific patient over the disease course
• Medical News and Commentary* covering the most current and important medical topics
• Editorials* written by top medical experts
*Internet access needed.
About Merck Manuals
Our mission is simple:
We believe that health information is a universal right and that every person is entitled to accurate, accessible and usable medical information. We have a responsibility to protect, preserve and share the best current medical information to enable more informed decisions, enhance relationships between patients and professionals, and improve health care outcomes around the world.
That’s why we are making the Merck Manuals available for free in digital form to professionals and patients around the world. No registration or subscription required, and no ads.
This mobile application is intended for Healthcare Professionals in the United States, its territories, Puerto Rico, and Canada only.
For more information please read the End User License Agreement at
For more information about our privacy practices, please see our privacy commitment at http://www.merck.com/policy/commitment/home.html.
To report an adverse event with a specific Merck product, please call the Merck National Service Center at 1-800-672-6372.
For questions or help with the app, please contact email@example.com
General bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Please update for iPhone X!
Favourite and most used medical app.
Offline available. Full and free. What else to expect.
Great app. Full version of the Merck Manual including pics, tables and graphs. Doesn't need wifi to access so you can easily reference ward issues or differential diagnoses on the fly. Very stable and can browse by system, symptom or search for a term. The only thing I would want is landscape support to view tables a little easier. Maybe an update can help? Otherwise, 5 stars!
- Merck & Co Inc
- 39.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Copyright © 2018 Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.