Learning Mandarin Chinese for kids is super fun and easy with Miaomiao. Inside the app are 50+ two minute cartoons, where Miaomiao and friends have fun while introducing new Chinese words to young viewers. At the end of each episode, there's a character tracing activity related to the vocabulary in the video. For kids with advanced Chinese, they can watch videos fully dubbed in Mandarin.
“Miaomiao’s Chinese for Kids is an engaging way for young children to get a taste of Mandarin Chinese. They can learn over 100 words and phrases by seeing, hearing, and writing with characters.” — 5 star editor review from BestAppsForKids.com.
“Overall, an engaging app with an emphasis on the development of Chinese characters, ideal for young children encountering Chinese for the first time. Worth of its 4-star rating.”— Teacher review from the Educational App Store.
• 50+ episodes of Miaomiao and friends going on adventures and teaching Chinese words. All episodes are also in Mandarin Chinese teaching English words for a more immersive Chinese experience.
• Videos created with Mandarin preschool teachers and early language learning consultants to ensure learning outcomes.
• Each episode contains an interactive portion at the end where child can trace the Chinese characters of the words they just learned.
• Includes a parent console where you can view your child's progress and see which words they've learned and episodes they've watched.
• COPPA compliant, ensuring privacy for your child. No ads or in-app purchases.
Conveniently turn the sound on and off with the side ringer button of your device. Please ensure the ringer is always set to the ON position for sound.
Ratings and Reviews
Good if want your children to learn basic Mandarin
My wife is Chinese and it’s really hard to find good quality apps that introduce children to the language. There are lots of apps, just not many that look very good and that the kids enjoy. With Miaomiao, sometimes I watch the videos with them and I’ll learn a few words myself. And the kids are really into it. Had issues with sound, but when I turned my ringer on everything worked perfectly.
Great immersion experience
My two year old is loving this!
There is actually a teaching English section where all the episodes are in Chinese with only 1 word of English so I get my kid to watch those for a full immersion experience. I think parents who want more advanced Chinese would like those episodes better.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.