Use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. With Microsoft Remote Desktop, you can be productive no matter where you are.
Configure your PC for remote access using the information at https://aka.ms/rdsetup.
Learn about our other Remote Desktop clients at https://aka.ms/rdclients.
• Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server.
• Access managed resources published by your admin.
• Connect through a Remote Desktop Gateway.
• Secure connection to your data and applications.
• Simple management of your connections and user account from the Connection Center.
• Audio and video streaming.
• Redirect folders, your clipboard, and local devices such as microphones and cameras.
Submit feedback at https://aka.ms/rdmacfbk.
It's 2021 and time for our first release of the year. In this version we made the following changes:
• Addressed an issue where the UI would stop resolving a workspace name during subscription.
• Fixed an in-session bug where graphics updates would stall while input continued to be sent.
• Resolved a number of reliability issues identified through crash reporting.
Thanks to everyone who reported bugs and worked with us to diagnose and fix issues. If you encounter any errors, you can contact us via Help > Report an Issue.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Generally works well but issue with multiple monitors
Seems robust and reliable generally. But there is one annoying bug - when you have multiple monitors, if you change focus to the other monitor, the remote sessions windows start jumping to that monitor too. If you change focus back to the other monitor. If your session window is too big for the monitor it switches to, it resizes. When you get it back to where you want it to be, you have to resize it back to how you want it - quite irritating, especially when you have 5 or 6 sessions open.
Doesn't work on my MackBook Pro anymore!!!
The latest version is no longer compatible with 2011 MacBook Pro (the OS can only go as far as Sierra)
I can't find an older version to use.
CPU Usage is WAY up, and Doesn’t support Retina screens
I’m shocked that the new version still does not support remote connections with “retina” resolution. It is possible to smoothly render remote 2k and 4k desktops using Remote Desktop on Windows, but the Mac version remains artificially low res.
Worse than that though, doing the same tasks, Activity Monitor reports this new version uses 2-4x as much CPU as the previous version (with the square icon). I noticed this when my 2016 Macbook got HOT using the app… it had always remained at room temperature no matter what when using the old version.
I hope that this is merely an error on Microsoft’s part, but given some of the things the company has done lately, it’s hard to rule out the possibility that they’re doing things other than remote desktop with those CPU cycles.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 19.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.