Microsoft Remote Desktop 4+
Work from anywhere
Use Microsoft Remote Desktop for iOS to connect to Azure Virtual Desktop, Windows 365, admin-provided virtual apps and desktops, or remote PCs. With Microsoft Remote Desktop, you can be productive no matter where you are.
Configure your PC for remote access using the information at https://aka.ms/rdsetup.
Learn about our other Remote Desktop clients at https://aka.ms/rdclients.
• Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server.
• Access managed resources published by your admin.
• Connect through a Remote Desktop Gateway.
• Rich multi-touch experience supporting Windows gestures.
• Secure connection to your data and applications.
• Simple management of your connections and user account from the Connection Centre.
• Audio and video streaming.
• Redirect your clipboard and local devices such as microphones and cameras.
Submit feedback at https://aka.ms/rdiosfbk.
Welcome to the first release of 2023! There's a lot planned for this year, so stay tuned!
We want the Remote Desktop Client to be friendly, reliable and trustworthy. For that reason, we removed the prompts for camera and microphone access from the first run experience. If a connection bookmark or published resource requests camera or microphone access, we'll let you know so you can decide whether to grant permission or not.
We also fixed some bugs and added some small additional features:
• Integrated privacy statement compliance flows for select geographical regions.
• Added functionality to easily delete all AVD workspaces and associated keychain items.
• Worked around an iOS 16 change that broke Korean input.
• Addressed a bug that stopped the Apple Pencil from working when connected to Windows 8.1/Windows Server 2012R2 and earlier.
Note that this release removes support for iOS 14 and is only compatible with iOS 15 and 16.
If you encounter any errors, you can always contact us via Settings > Submit Feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Works Well Needs QoL Improvements
It’s been working fine for me (generally). Obviously requires some setup, but it’s also free and without ads or subscription tiers.
The BIGGEST gripe I have, is that it hasn’t been updated to take advantage of iOS16’s full screen support. This would be huge for my workflow as it would allow the best of both worlds (i.e., desktop environments and tablets). I’m hoping to see this rolled out soon as I’d like to avoid moving to a non-MS developed app.
RELEASED UPDATE TO DELETE DATA!!!
What an update, after a year, and it deletes your all data from the app. Good job Microsoft, you need to rethink your update game!
Developer Response ,
First try a force restart of the app (using the instructions at http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330). If that does not work, trigger migration of the v.8 data by following the instructions at https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/925639-remote-desktop-beta-client-for-ios/suggestions/39133348.
Really easy to setup. Very simple to use and offers all the features I need. So far I've encounter no glitches. 👍
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 93.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.