Use Microsoft Remote Desktop for iOS to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. With Microsoft Remote Desktop, you can be productive no matter where you are.
Configure your PC for remote access using the information at https://aka.ms/rdsetup.
Learn about our other Remote Desktop clients at https://aka.ms/rdclients.
· Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server.
· Access managed resources published by your admin. Connect through a Remote Desktop Gateway.
· Rich multi-touch experience supporting Windows gestures.
· Secure connection to your data and applications.
· Simple management of your connections and user account from the Connection Centre.
· Audio and video streaming.
· Redirect your clipboard and local devices such as microphones and cameras.
Submit feedback at https://aka.ms/rdiosfbk.
It's 2020 and time for our first release of the year with new features and bug fixes. Here’s what is included in this update:
· Support for launching connections from RDP files and RDP URIs.
· Workspace headers are now collapsible.
· Concurrent zoom and pan is now supported in Mouse Pointer mode.
· A press-and-hold gesture in Mouse Pointer mode will now trigger a right-click in the remote session.
· The force-touch gesture for right-click in Mouse Pointer mode has been removed.
· The in-session switcher screen now supports disconnecting, even if no apps are connected.
· Light dismiss is now supported in the in-session switcher screen.
· PCs and apps are no longer automatically reordered in the in-session switcher screen.
· The hit test area for the PC thumbnail view ellipses menu has been enlarged.
· The Input Devices settings page now contains a link to supported devices.
· Fixed a bug that caused the Bluetooth permissions UI to repeatedly appear at launch for some users.
· Fixed crashes that were showing up in error reporting.
We’re committed to making this app the best Remote Desktop client for iOS and value your feedback. If you encounter any errors, you can contact us via Settings > Report an Issue.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Newest update still locks up
Connections occasionally lock up while in a remote session and have to force close and re open. (On iOS 13.3) - iPhone X.
Developer Response ,
We are looking into the freezing session issue. If you can consistently reproduce this issue, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
Like the title says. Doesn't work. Next time I will buy a mac.
Thanks for the response MS and I did install the assistant tool and that gave me an error that Windows 10 Home Edition is not compatible. Very nice since MS wants windows 10 on all devices.
Developer Response ,
Looks like you are heaving issues setting up your PC to work remotely. Download our set-up tool on your Windows PC that helps you to figure out wether you have the right edition of Windows and if your PC is configured correctly: https://aka.ms/rdsetup. In order to test your connection we recommend to have both devices on the same network. If you are connecting from the internet use you public IP address.
RELEASED UPDATE TO DELETE DATA!!!
What an update, after a year, and it deletes your all data from the app. Good job Microsoft, you need to rethink your update game!
Developer Response ,
First try a force restart of the app (using the instructions at http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330). If that does not work, trigger migration of the v.8 data by following the instructions at https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/925639-remote-desktop-beta-client-for-ios/suggestions/39133348.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 48.1 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.