MDP2 (MIDI Designer Pro 2) is the next generation of MIDI Designer Pro, which took the music-making world by storm when it launched in 2012. This is the full, professional version for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch.
Dream, create and play your perfect MIDI controller with MIDI Designer Pro 2:
○ Reviewed and loved by DJ Tech Tools, Recording Magazine, Sound on Sound and Keyboard Magazine
○ Winner of Sonic Touch Gold Award for Best App
○ Trusted on stage by veteran touring acts like Todd Rundgren and newer projects like POSTYR and Groove Boston
○ A studio cornerstone for music producers like Shadow Child and Oliver for tweaking tons of vintage gear
○ Used by musicians, VJs and DJs all around the world
○ The platform of choice for community- and professionally-sourced layouts for top-flight gear (e.g., Korg, Roland, Moog, Eventide, Yamaha)
If you can dream it, you can create it in MIDI Designer.
○ Control all MIDI-enabled hardware and software: synths, effects, DAWs, plug-ins, DJ, VJ & lighting rigs, other iOS apps, robots, cruise ships, rail guns, particle accelerators
○ Near-zero latency connections via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Lightning Cable (with musicIO) or any class-compliant MIDI hardware
○ Design your perfect controller using customizable knobs, sliders, XY pads, labels, panels and more
○ Use supercontrols and subcontrols for advanced functionality with no scripting, ever
○ Choose background color, texture and LED color for up to 8 banks of 6 pages each
○ Save, load and share your layouts and pages
○ Send/receive all MIDI message types (e.g., sysex, NRPN and 14-bit CC)
○ Use MDP2 as a heads-up display for external hardware via the "Pedalboards Feature"
○ Explore presets and other features at mididesigner.com/manual: discover a mature, reliable platform for your controller design and performance
MDP2 is easy to use, infinitely flexible and customizable, and battle-tested in performance. It's the most-respected MIDI controller for iOS
* * * * * dream | create | play * * * * *
WHAT'S NEW IN MDP2?
○ Completely-redesigned look: Glow. More beautiful, practical and functional with a new Home screen
○ IAP with new control types: Image Panels, Pickers and Meters (free DAW plugin from musicIO)
○ Preset Packs: share global presets with users of the same layout
○ Browse and upload within MDP2 to interact seamlessly with the Community
○ Hundreds of smaller new features, bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements for greater flexibility, stability and speed
The MIDI Designer Community has built layouts for popular MIDI targets, including:
○ Akai: Miniak (= Alesis Micron)
○ Cakewalk: Sonar
○ CamelAudio: Camelspace, CamelPhat
○ Casio: XW Solo Synth (XW-P1, XW-G1), Privia PX-5S
○ Clavia: Nord Lead 4
○ Dave Smith Instruments (DSI): DSI MoPho, DSI Desktop Evolver
○ Eventide: Pitchfactor, Timefactor
○ Fractal Audio: Axe FX II
○ IK Multimedia: Amplitube
○ Jomox: MBase 11
○ Kawai: K3m, K1r Vector Control
○ Korg: 707, DSS-1, EX-8000, ElecTribe R (ER-1), Monotribe, Volca Series
○ Line6: Pod v2.0, Pod HD-500, DT-50 Series, POD X3 Live
○ Moog: Animoog, Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, MF-104m Analog Delay
○ Mutable Instruments: Shruthi, Anushri
○ Novation: Bass Station
○ Peavey: AT-200 Auto-Tune Guitar
○ Pioneer: RMX-500 (VST/AU)
○ Roland: JX-3P (PG-200), JX-8P (PG-800), MKS-30, MKS-50 (PG-300), JD-990, VG-99, Alpha Juno, Fantom X
○ Sequential Circuits: Prophet 600, Six-Trak
○ Sonic Charge: MicroTonic VST (μTonic)
○ Sonic Potions: LXR Digital Drum Synth
○ Strymon: "Trio" (BigSky, TimeLine, Mobius)
○ A Tasty Pixel: Loopy HD
○ TC Electronic: Nova Drive NDR-1
○ ValhallaDSP: ÜberMod, VintageVerb, FreqEcho, Shimmer, Room
○ Waldorf: Blofeld, Pulse, 4-Pole
○ Yamaha: S90, DX7 Reface, CS6X/R
Find out more: midiDesigner.com
Daily updates on Twitter: @midiDesigner
Daily updates on Facebook: /midiDesigner
Vids on YouTube: /mididesigner
Community Layouts: midiDesigner.com/community
Hello MIDI Designer users and welcome to Update 66 (Version 2.131)!
This is our first-ever rollback release. It unbreaks all 32-devices and reverses the fixes we did described here:
> This version fixes some pretty obscure stuff. It's all about bugs in MIDI sysex receive with 4-byte MIDI values. See QA 8026 for a deeper look and QA 8024 too (only the former is fixed in this release, but we're cooking up a fix for the latter too).
We will be back with a fix for 64-bit devices only ASAP.
MIDI Designer Team
Questions: Do you have questions about MIDI Designer? Hit us up at support [at] mididesigner.com
App Love: Do you love MIDI Designer? Give us a great rating here in the App Store!
Show Off: Want to show off what you’re doing with MD so we can feature it? Get in touch!
Stay Informed: If you want to keep up with all things MIDI Designer, please sign up for the mailing list: mididesigner.com/signup
MIDI Designer Team
See mididesigner.com/changelog for version history.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Controller for "Show Cue Systems"
I use this app to control a program called show cue system. It runs my bands backing tracks and midi files responsible for operating my lighting rig, guitar and keyboard rig as well as a few other automated systems.
This app does what it says, very easy to grasp and to operate. My only wish is that there were an option to 'scroll' through a list of text.
For example, I have 90+ songs to trigger, it would be great if I could create a text list, assign each text object a program change and the scroll through the list. Right now I have to change pages or banks within the program to access all the song/text items.
Worth the money though for its customization.
Horrible about everything, but very powerful. Too bad no alternatives.
I can only regret that it’s the only app on the market that can do so much on midi control.
Everything about this app is quirky and I cannot imagine experience using any app that could be worse than this. Literary every feature is hidden or hard to find in the least logical area or menu. The menus are hard to read or understand It seems like the hidden agenda of the author is to make fun of common sense and his users.
Feels really depressing to be stuck with just this one offering on the whole iOS app market.
Still the Best
I am updating my review, to show my loyalty and to say that it is still the best app for what it does. An app as powerful as midi designer will never please everyone 100% because it is so deep that there has to be features that many will love and some might want tweaks. So I suggest contacting the developer as a way to make suggestions and talk about ideas. This review is to let the world know how great the app is, not to push for changes. Use email for discussions. If you want a custom software midi controller, then midi designer is the most powerful one. For the power it gives you, it is easy to use. There are easier ones but only because they can not do much. So if you want to be able to do almost anything, midi controller ish then this is the one you want.
I have made some suggestions by email that were implemented because they were good ideas. The developer is very responsive with email, which makes it much more enjoyable and makes you feel respected. Hey, obviously he can't implement every idea. What I think is a good idea might not be good for the majority or might take too long for minimal benefit. Midi designer is a sophisticated super app that is worth much much much more than the price. It is definitely an excellent deal because there is no limit to the amount of power and control it gives you. And it's fun.
- Confusion Studios LLC
- 65 MB
Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Confusion Studios LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Extra Features Pack $6.99
- Automatic Backups $2.79
- Audeonic Stream Byter Plugin $6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.