Free sale! Organize bits of info VISUALLY instead of using lists. TOGGLE your labeled “magnets” on/off with a tap. MOVE them, ARRANGE them, give them COLORS and SHAPES. It’s simple and fun!
Mind Magnets is like a little “bulletin board” you can fill with mini-notes about anything you want. Your magnets always snap into place in tidy grid rows. Each magnet has three states: TAP it on/off, or DOUBLE-TAP for “maybe” with a question mark badge.
WHY IS A GRID BETTER THAN A LIST?
• Lists lack organization. But Mind Magnets can be moved around and grouped any way you like, with 10 shapes and 40 colors.
• No scrolling: see 45 items at once on an iPhone, or 108 on an iPad, or 300 on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
• Quick and easy: color, shape and position help you remember where each item is at a glance.
Use Mind Magnets as a visual shopping list, to-do list, trip packing list, task organizer, habit tracker, or a way to track any small bits of info—from game scores and character sheets, to event RSVPs, to brainstorming and planning, to exercise routines.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
• Finished with an item for now? Tap to “check it off” and it will turn dark until you need it again.
• Want a label with no shape around it? Just choose the black color.
• Export a screenshot by clicking the Home and Sleep buttons at the same time.
LIMITATIONS: This app does not support emoji, Voiceover mode, or cloud sync. Magnets are quite small on 10.5" iPads—but on the bright side, this lets you fit the same 300 magnets as the largest iPads!
THANKS FOR TRYING MY APP! I’d love to hear what uses you find for it. Problems? Feature requests? Let me know at adamsimmersive.com.
YOU CAN HELP me improve this app by telling your friends about Mind Magnets! (Formerly: DotSpace.)
— Morgan Adams
(If you like organized thinking, you might also like my iMessage sticker pack: “Logical Fallacies & Cognitive Biases.” 36 popular logical fallacies, cognitive biases, and red herrings, ready to rubber-stamp your friends’ messages.)
• Smoother motions and transitions, especially when dragging one magnet and others are “flowing” around it.
• New system for conserving power: the app now intelligently varies between three levels of power consumption.
• Minor UI tweaks.
• After changing a shape or color, the keyboard re-appears automatically after a short delay, saving a tap. (For people who like to set up shapes and colors first and add labels afterward, this should simplify the process.)
• Groundwork laid for bigger changes. (Stay tuned!)
AND IF YOU MISSED IT FROM VERSION 2.0: you can DOUBLE-TAP ANY MAGNET for a “?” state, neither On nor Off. (Plus there are new shapes and colors.)
I am working on other new features, guided by your helpful messages (while being careful not to lose the app’s simplicity). Need more space? So do I!
I can be reached at adamsimmersive.com. Thanks for letting me know how you use Mind Magnets, and how it could work better for you!
Ratings and Reviews
Love it but
Can you add those red line things that they have on maps in movies? And make it so we can change the Color of the string?
Love this app. Easy to use and different shapes and colours makes it great for organizing. Would love to see the ability to have an attached note. Right now when you double tap you get a ‘?’ symbol. How about a small notes area when you double tap to allow more detail to be recorded for each ‘dot’? This would really enhance it as a planning tool.
Developer Response ,
Interesting idea! I am cautious about adding complexity—I want to always choose the complexity that benefits the most people—but your idea is one I will keep and consider. (In the meantime, for what it's worth, one thing you might try: if you choose, you can enter a pretty long amount of text in a magnet—more than is easily readable given the size of a magnet. Then, to read the text more clearly, you can edit the magnet and look at the text in the editor. This works best if you don't have line breaks/Returns in your text, because the editor box is wide but not very tall. So there's still a limit to how much can be seen without scrolling, but I'be heard of people using magnets in this way.)
Great Visual Organizer
Would love to have the ability to have multiple boards. Well done.
Developer Response ,
Thanks! I'm working on a possible solution that offers a large scrolling workspace, with the ability to treat that workspace as a set of separate "boards" or "screens" for those who wish.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.