Mobile VR Station is a media player designed for Virtual Reality with head tracking. With this app you can view your Photos, Panoramas, Videos & Files projected onto a virtual screen floating in space. Our app supports displaying standard 2D and 3D Side By Side/Over Under content. The app can't display DRM protected content, such as content bought from iTunes.
"The most feature-packed VR media player available, with editable profiles that let you adjust the viewing experience across multiple devices and VR adapters. Excellent all around!"
-Quote from Manuel M, Beta Tester
If you need help we provide links inside the app to view our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channel.
- Works with every headset, very flexible configuration
- Watch movies in a virtual theater
- Watch 3D 180 Degree content.
- Explore 360/Spherical movies (Great for demos).
- Experience 3D content (Left/Right, Right/Left and Top/Bottom).
- See your device's photos & videos in a new way.
- View panoramas with some depth.
- Access external video content with UPNP.
- Watch HTML5 Video from Mobile Safari with Micro VR Station extension.
- Native App, written in Obj-C with SceneKit
- Watch App for Remote control capabalities
- This app is currently only available in English
- Free version limits video playback to the "first" five minutes.
- Supported formats: MOV, MP4 & M4V.
- Supported HMDs: None (Mono), None (SBS), Cardboard, Altergaze, Firefly, Custom, ....
- Cardboard QR scanner available for quick setup
- Supported Devices: Any device running iOS 8.1 can install the app, but iPhone 5S/iPad Mini (Retina) and above provide a great experience.
- Projections: Dome, Full Dome, Curved (Large curve), Plane (Flat), Cylinder & Spherical
- Skyboxes: 47 built in options.
- Profiles: Each user/headset can have their own specific configuration.
- Audio: Language switching available.
- Subtitles: The app can load UTF-8 formatted *.srt files, after a movie has been started
- Files: Each file has its own preview icon and meta data. You can either generate a icon or upload your own. Please see the FAQ on how to make your own icons.
- Bluetooth Remote: If your headset has Play/Pause & Next/Previous buttons, you can use them to control video playback.
- UPNP: Basic support for viewing & downloading video & image content. Music can play if you mess with a few settings.
- Other File Formats: We are researching how other formats and higher quality content could be displayed, we understand the need and want to deliver in the future.
-1080P @ 60 FPS is available on 5S+ and beyond. Devices under 5S should consume 720P.
- 4K @ 30FPS is available for 6S, 6S+, 5SE & iPad Pro
- Please see the guide book for more information
- If video playback starts to lockup, or a setting doesn't stick please turn your device off and on again.
- It's strongly recommended to go through Training at least once and check out the help videos if you have time.
- Every projection is editable, just dig into "Manage Presets" for the details.
- If you really need help, ask on our Facebook page, Twitter account, or reddit /r/iOSVR/
- MFI Controller/Bluetooth keyboard support (While in VR).
- When not using a HMD device buttons can be tapped.
- Tap anywhere in the right eye or empty space to recenter view.
- Tap 3 fingers on screen to quickly exit VR.
- Support for Occipital Bridge Controller
1. Dark mode fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Would give it a 5* rating but I always have to convert files with certain dimensions such as 3200*1600 in order to play them. I hope an update can fix the bug because free VR player seems to support those files just fine. Nevertheless, great app!
Micro VR Station is Superb!
I downloaded this app solely for the Micro VR Station which I heard about from Reddit as a way to watch videos from the Safari web browser in VR. I was excited as I downloaded the Homido web browser video app previously and its execution was absolutely horrendous and uncomfortable to watch. I was pleasantly shocked by the Micro Vr Station as the VR was very enjoyable and the video player had a vast amount of customization, even allowing the angle of the video to be adjusted for if I’m watching in bed or on a couch. Also the app looks very clean and isn’t spammed with low tier ads like most VR apps. All in all you can tell the developer took care in his work and it really shows in this amazing app.
A versatile VR media app
I use this app for 3D movies and 2D movies. Great for connecting to a UPnP streaming media server like Kodi. Sometimes the interface design is a bit awkward, but its capabilities more than make up for it.
- Michael Fuller
- 67.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2019 Michael Glen Fuller JR
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition - Remove 5 Minute Limit $3.99
- Ultimate Edition - Everything $8.49
- Micro Player - Lift Safari Extension Limit $2.79
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.