Building wealth isn't as complicated as the "experts" say it is. It just comes down to investing early, consistently, and passively.
Moka makes it easy to achieve financial freedom. Automate your savings and investing with Moka to build long-term wealth while crushing other money goals. With the industry’s lowest fees and growth-optimized portfolios, Moka can help maximize your returns and earn more over time. All you have to do is set up recurring deposits to invest every week, effortlessly.
Join the 500,000+ Canadians getting rich with Moka. Download the app to get started!
Rather than trying to time the market or guess which stocks are going to win big, investing early, often, and consistently with a portfolio of index funds is a tried and true investment strategy.
For example, the S&P 500 is a benchmark index with an average return of 10% per year since inception that lists some of the world’s biggest companies.
Investing just $50/week over the last 40 years in the S&P would have turned into $1.2M.*
PERSONALIZED INVESTMENTS MANAGED BY PROS
Whatever you’re investing for, you can trust that your dedicated portfolio manager will select the perfect portfolio for you and manage your investments every step of the way.
INVEST WITH IMPACT
When you invest with Moka, you join Mogo's 1.8+ million members in using your money for good, and creating positive social impact just by building personal wealth. Amplify impact by choosing Moka's Socially Responsible Investment Fund.
ACCOUNTS THAT FIT YOUR GOALS
Customizing your financial goals starts with opening a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), or a Personal Account. The choice is yours.
PEACE OF MIND
Questions? Concerns? You can access your money or talk to a (real) human at any time.
Apple named Moka a “New App We Love” and the company has also been featured in The Globe & Mail, Financial Post, CBC, BNN, Global, and many more.
Quotes provided here are unsolicited and unedited reproductions of actual reviews and comments made publically on third party websites and application stores. They may not represent the opinion of other individuals or investors.
*All calculations are for illustrative purposes only and do not indicate the past or expected future performance of any Moka portfolios. These calculations assume a 10% gross return based on the S&P' 500s historical average annual return to illustrate the impact of investing early, consistently and the impact of fees. This assumed return is not indicative of either Moka or Mutual Funds past performance and is not meant as an expectation of future performance. The total investment figure for Moka factors a deduction of the 3.99$ monthly fee by reducing the weekly contribution amount by 1$. It also factors a deduction of 0.14% from the gross 10% rate due to the average weighted MERs of the underlying ETF funds contained in the Moka Equity Growth portfolio, based on the asset mix of these ETFs in the portfolio at May 31, 2022. Where a total investment figure for Mutual Funds is shown, it factors a deduction of a 2% MER from the gross 10% rate based on the 2019 IFIC Report "Monitoring Trends in Mutual Fund Cost of Ownership and Expense Ratios". There is no amount deducted from the weekly deposit amount in this case.
The “S&P” and “S&P” 500 are registered trademarks of the Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC.
Moka Financial Technologies Inc is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mogo Inc. and an affiliate of Mogo Finance Technology Inc. Investment accounts through Moka are opened with Mogo Asset Management Inc., a registered portfolio manager.
© 2022 Moka and the Moka designs are trademarks of Moka Financial Technologies Inc. Mogo Finance Technology Inc. is an affiliate of Moka Financial Technologies Inc.
You can create your long term financial freedom goal and be on track by simply setting up your recurring deposits. Automate getting rich!
Ratings and Reviews
Great way to squirrel a bit of cash
You’d be surprised how fast a modest goal will grow. App is easy, staff are great. I’ve had great luck with their service team so far
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We’re happy to have you onboard for our mission of helping Canadians reach their financial goals! -Sarah
I had Mylo for several months, but I decided to close my account recently. I was pretty satisfied with it for a while, but it was only recently that I became dissatisfied and started to question the app.
1) It’s hard to see where your money is going: They take your money every week and you can see this in your portfolio balance, but you don’t see the growth/loss until the account statements are released.
2) The account statements are often delayed If you are new to investing, this document is challenging to understand and If you are new to investing, this document is a bit challenging to understand.
3) Contacting them is only via email: What’s up with this? When I was closing my account, this really irked me. I had a few questions about closing my account and it was all through email. The worst part is that they pass you around from representative to representative. I tried getting a phone number, but they don’t have one.... (This really got me questioning the company).
4) You lose access to the app immediately when you close your account: As soon as you decide to close your account (via email), you will lose access to your account on the app instantly. You won’t have access to the final portfolio balance, YOU HAVE TO REQUEST for the final account statements. (This should be given out regardless if you don’t request for it). This is problematic, as I was disputing the final portfolio amount that was given to me by one of the representatives. Thankfully I was able to screenshot my portfolio balance and dispute it. What would’ve happened if didn’t?
Overall, it’s hard to see where your money is going with this app. It needs to be more transparent and user friendly. C’mon, you are dealing with peoples money!
I am now with another app that is so much more transparent, the UI and the graphics allow you to see where your money is truly going, how much it has grown...etc. Don’t know why it took me so long.
Developer Response ,
Hi Onedeel, we regret to hear that you did not enjoy your Mylo experience and we thank you for your feedback. I'll try to cover all of your points.
1) Each Goal is a direct reflection of your individual investment accounts and the balance already includes any profit or loss.
2) Monthly statements are released mid-month and our portfolio managers are always available to answer any questions if you need clarification on monitoring your investments.
3) You can contact us via email or via in app chat. We're available Monday through Friday and we usually answer within 24h.
4) Once you account is closed, your login credentials are disabled. However, annual statements and relevant documents will be provided by email, and your full balance is returned to your bank account.
I'll be taking your feedback to the right team and I wish you the best of luck in your future savings. - Sarah
Showing promise and getting better everyday!
- great new features like boost, multiple accounts, etc.
- still a great responsive team
- the one star review about signing over all your rights to information makes me nervous but I never read the fine print so 👀🤷🏽♂️
- I inquired about ‘ethical investing’ opportunities, as I don’t want to support specific industries. Was told they are collecting info but not available at the time. Meanwhile at Wealthsimple 👀
Overall still a great app that I love to use, just wish they’d address some of the concerns on the reviews.
— — — —
I was lucky enough to get to try the beta version and it was really bumpy. Made me nervous for the release but with he launch came a really stable app that syncs perfectly with my account. I'm sure more features are coming, but their customer service team has made this experience exciting. Finally an investment program that is accessible, easy, and works with my spending habits. Now the more I spend, the more I save!
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you so much for your feedback. It's an honour to have had you as an early adopter and we are glad to see you are still using Mylo. We are a young, Canadian startup and doing our best to accommodate all our Users while addressing as many concerns as (humanly) possible -- sometimes even beyond. Please feel free to reach out anytime directly through the app or email@example.com. We'd love to hear from you :)
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Moka Financial Technologies Inc.
- 85 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Moka Financial Technologies. All Rights Reserved.