NOTE: This official Moodle app will ONLY work with Moodle sites that have been set up to allow it. Please talk to your Moodle administrator if you have any problems connecting.
If your Moodle site has been configured correctly, you can use this app to:
• browse the content of your courses, even when offline
• receive instant notifications of messages and other events
• quickly find and contact other people in your courses
• upload images, audio, videos and other files from your mobile device
• view your course grades
• and more!
Please see http://docs.moodle.org/en/Mobile_app for all the latest information.
We’d really appreciate your feedback on what else you want this app to do!
New features and improvements in this version are:
• Various UX improvements
• Support for forum improvements in Moodle 3.7
• Support for group messaging improvements in Moodle 3.7 (including Push notifications for group messaging and mute conversations)
• Improved storage management (user can manage storage within any course)
• Big performance improvements (especially when connecting to a site running Moodle 3.7 onwards)
• Offline support for Nextcloud
• Vimeo embedding improvements
Thanks for using the Moodle app!
Ratings and Reviews
Why moodle why?
This new version has issues. It will display courses you have already completed and they were not displayed on the last version unless you wanted to view past courses.
When you try to go to an activity in the calendar it gives and activity error.
So not impressed with moodle... if it is not one issue it’s another
Not sure why rated so poorly by others, does exactly what I need. Displays everything from uni courses just like on the website conveniently and cleanly, also makes available the entire course offline which is a huge help for doing readings when im out, on the plane, etc.. that is its strongest point for which I find is a fantastic utility. I like when I am connected to internet and I open the course it will auto update everything and does so quite quickly.
I agree for discussion posts as per other complaints, you cannot alter the smaller than desired font size when typing and posting to the discussion boards which is annoying, it does make it hard to read and you cant zoom in. Otherwise, I am very impressed with how easy it was to set up and how nicely it works making available offline, navigation, and general display
Needs a lot of improvment
I am using the moodle app on iPad pro (2018).
It runs ok, but the biggest limitations are:
-Cant change font size, and default is too small
-Does not support multitasking, so you cant have Word or Notes open side by side to take study notes.
-Can not properly highlight text for copy/past.
These seem like really basic app features that should not be hard to include.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.