• Detects media files that may be incompatible with future versions of macOS after Mojave
• Improves reliability when sharing video to YouTube
Introduced in Version 5.4.2
Advanced color grading
• Use color wheels in 1-up or 4-up layouts to quickly adjust hue, saturation, and brightness
• Apply professional color curves to make ultra-fine adjustments to color and contrast
• Hue/saturation curves let you select and change a specific hue or brightness level while leaving other parts of the image unchanged
• Use the eye dropper with the color and hue/saturation curves to quickly sample parts of an image for adjustment
• Apply custom LUTs from popular color grading apps and sites
• Adjust color corrections over time with precise keyframe controls
• Instantly turn any photo or video into a comic book illustration
• Choose from a variety of styles to create color, monochrome, or grayscale artwork
• Refine the comic book look with simple controls to adjust ink edges, fill, and smoothness
Tiny Planet filter
• Add the Tiny Planet filter when adding 360º video to a non-360° project to create interesting spherical looks
• Use the Z and X Rotation parameters to wrap your tiny planet effect into an infinite cylinder
• Adjust the Y Rotation parameter to move your subject horizontally within the tiny planet
• Animate the field of view to transition from a close up to a satellite view flying high above your footage
• Give generators and titles a powerfully warped look by applying the Tiny Planet filter
Core Text engine
• Core Text engine ensures accurate display of Arabic letters, Indic vowel signs in Devanagari, and Thai diacritics
• Correct rendering and animation of emoji, thin glyphs, capital letters in various point sizes, and vertical text are joined and tracked correctly
Ratings and Reviews
I always found the previous version of motion a little too complex, even to do the simplest of things. This version has come a long way in simplifying what is a very huge and complex piece of software. The ability to create modifiable templates for FCPX is unbelievable. I would have given this five stars but their is a but. I can not fathom how they can do something so briliant as the way they incorporated FCPX templates, yet they were not able to do a simple "send clip to motion" in FCPX to do a basic composition round trip. The work flow to do this consists of exporting your clip out of FCPX, import it in Motion, do your effects, export it as a quicktime movie, import it back into FCPX, re apply any FCPX effects, timing changes, etc… It really makes you think twice about how badly you want to add an effect to that clip in order to go through the process. Fix that Apple and you will get a five star from me.
Quite impressive !
I just started using it, 3 days ago, and I just can’t believe my eyes how loaded it is.
It has a huge library of stuff… ready for action ! Unbelievable.
Like always, for a new software, I’m redoing the manual to really understand everything.
After that, I always write my own recipes that I have experimented and verified myself !
All in all, I would say that in 2 months… I should have mastered it !
It will be a great addition to Final Cut Pro X.
The only thing that I have seen so far, that I don’t like… is the lack of parameters for the Replicators.
All in all, it is a marvelous piece of software… well worth the asking price !
The new version has more power than ever… it is just fantastic !
For special effects and originality, it is 1000 times more powerful than Final Cut Pro X.
But, there is no way that I would make a full-featured film with Motion.
I sure prefer Final Cut Pro X, for a long film… but, together… they are quite a pair !
Optical Flow retiming no longer working
Installed the new version of Motion on my new iMac and optical flow retiming no longer works. No matter the settings or the source file, it gives me a "Optical flow analysis for clip failed due to an I/O error.” message. Very frustrating and I can’t find any good info online. It’s also much less stable than any version of Motion I have used before. I have had to force quit a bunch. I have been using Motion and optical flow retiming for years and have never had problems until now.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.