MS Mosaic is a Duke sponsored research study that seeks to better understand multiple sclerosis from daily experiences. Like you, we want to understand why some people with MS experience different symptoms than others, and why symptoms fluctuate so much. To achieve this, we have a unique mobile application that uses a mix of surveys and tasks, your phone’s sensors, and optional wearable devices to collect and track your health and MS symptoms. By combining this data with advanced computing methods, we hope to create the most comprehensive picture (or mosaic) of MS to date. In the meantime, through the app you will learn more about MS, receive tailored insights into your unique disease, and make your clinic visits more productive and empowering.
• To learn more about the variations in MS symptoms over time
• To improve the way we describe, manage and use existing tools to manage MS
• To learn how mobile devices and sensors can help us measure MS and its progression
• To ultimately improve the quality of life for people with MS
Several additional dimensions to the study will be introduced over time. Be on the look-out for updates to sub-studies, like Mosaic Mortar, Mosaic Tesserae, and the Mosaic Artisans Initiative!
Key App Features:
• Embedded and secure study consent process
• Single daily notification with quick-entry surveys
• Innovative activity-based assessments of your MS symptoms, including memory testing and
mental calculation for gauging brain fog, finger tapping for fatigue, a walking test, and a 9-hole
peg test for coordination.
• Read and/or write data from Apple's Health App pertinent to MS (sleeping measurements, steps, body temperature, vitamin D levels, etc) with your permission
• Dynamic visualizations that allow you to potentially see relationships in your own data
Weekly feedback reports that summarize your past week’s most severe or changed symptoms
with links to useful information about those symptoms
• Exportable Provider Reports that summarize your symptom experiences between clinic visits, enabling more informed discussions with your provider about your unique disease
• Expansive MS library, with links to over 16,000 pages of searchable MS-specific content
• And we’re just getting started. Provide us feedback on your app experience through the
embedded survey, or even become a member of the development team as an MS Mosaic Artisan
(see msmosaic.org for more details)
• To join this study you need to:
• Be 18 or older
• Live in the United States
• Be comfortable reading English
• Have a personal iPhone 4S or newer running iOS 8.0 or above.
You do NOT have to have multiple sclerosis to participate in this study! In fact, we encourage non-MSers to participate for comparisons to those who do have MS.
Note: After you join the study, we will send you a copy of your signed consent form to your email address. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive it.
Removed the option to Sign Out retaining user's previously submitted information.
- Duke University Health System Inc
- 95.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Copyright © 2004-2014 Duke University and Duke University Health System.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.