The most comprehensive 3D musculoskeletal reference this side of a dissection lab.
- Incredible 3D gross human anatomy models: Over 600 muscles and more than 200 bones. 2,200 origin and insertion points detail muscle attachments. Paint on bone shows surface areas of muscle attachments. Includes hundreds of 3D models of muscles, bones, ligaments, bursae, and nerves.
- Interactive 3D muscle actions: We've got over 60 of these bad boys. Hundreds of animated models show actions like adduction, pronation, flexion, and much more--and you can interact with them in motion!
- Media section: Video presentations by physical therapists, doctors, and researchers. Use them to review normal anatomy and common conditions. Show your patients! Teach your students!
- Encyclopedic reference content for better understanding: Want to know how to pronounce a ligament's name? Want to know how a muscle is innervated? Access detailed definitions for all structures, including details on origins and insertions, muscle actions, blood supply, and innervation. Don't forget audio pronunciations and Latin names, plus over 400 quiz questions to test your knowledge!
This app provides dozens of models of common musculoskeletal injuries and conditions, including:
- Cervical spondylosis
- Lateral epicondylitis
- Medial epicondylitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Wrist sprain
- Rotator cuff tear
- Trochanteric bursitis
- Hip labral tear
- Osteoarthritis of the hip
- Knee sprain
- Torn meniscus
- Osteoarthritis of the knee joint
- Achilles tendinosis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Shin splints
* All content is organized specifically for healthcare professionals and students treating or studying musculoskeletal function and common conditions.
Content is organized by type (3D models, interactive animations, pathologies, and quizzes) and by body region (head and neck, upper limbs, shoulder, abdomen, spine & back, pelvis, and lower limbs).
* View 600+ muscles, 200+bones, and hundreds of ligaments, bursae, and
* Study hundreds of moving muscles with the library of muscle action animations.
* Study over 1,000 pins that demarcate origins and insertions on muscles or bones. Bone paint is used to show areas of muscle attachment.
* Test your knowledge by taking dozens of muscle and bone anatomy quizzes.
You can customize views by adding the anatomy you want from several body systems and hiding the rest. Plus you can annotate and share.
* Create a library of favorites in one tap.
* Use notes feature to annotate images.
* Export screenshots to use in presentations, share with colleagues, students, or patients.
* Share favorite views with other Muscle Premium users.
Muscle Premium is recommended by physical therapists, sports trainers, massage therapists, and orthopedic specialists.
iMedical Apps calls Muscle Premium “incredibly impressive at highlighting complex anatomy…The combination of impressive detail and 3D graphics mean this app is a market leader.”
Have any other questions or comments?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Visible Body
Visible Body creates innovative, interactive 3D human anatomy and physiology content and apps. If you love the human body, you'll love us! Healthcare professionals and students use our apps to make learning and teaching anatomy and physiology visual and engaging. Over a million people have used our products. Founded in 1996, Visible Body also operates as Argosy Publishing.
- We heard your concerns! The Related Content feature is now collapsible on iPhone.
- Minor corrections and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Videos close app
The Static visuals of the app is great but when I try to watch the videos it crashes the app......every time. I was quite excited to purchase the premium app because of the videos. Disappointed
Developer Response ,
We'll be happy to help troubleshoot this issue! Please email us at email@example.com.
Beautiful and precise
I use it to learn and teach, I like the design, the options available and the easy navigation in the app. Thanks it’s a really nice tool !
Full body view removed
I was previously a very frequent user of this app, and found it quite complete and easy to use both for review and patient education purposes. However, with recent updates, the developers have removed the option to view the full body at once and instead have broken it up into regions. In theory this seems like it would make navigation easier, but instead it leaves incomplete muscle regions and makes review very difficult and cumbersome.
For example, if you want to demonstrate the relationship between the glutes and lower limb mechanics (which I do often as a physiotherapist), the glutes are not included in the "lower limb region" and this forces you to go into the pelvic section, where the lower limb musculature is excluded. The same goes for the exclusion of the rhomboids, trapezius, and levator scapulae muscles in the shoulder region view, all of which have important implications on shoulder mechanics and the benefit of being able to review these muscles as a unit/region is lost with this new division.
Overall, while I was a big proponent of this app, these disappointing new updates have made it very cumbersome and unintuitive to use - almost more trouble than it is worth. It would be an easy fix, all they would need to do is return the full body view option to the main menu (which they had in previous versions).
Unfortunately, unless these issues are addressed, I would recommend purchasing a different app with a full body view (as I will also sadly be forced to do).
- Argosy Publishing
- 1.1 GB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Argosy Publishing, Inc., 2007–2017. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Musculoskeletal Pathology Animations $10.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.