You'll need sharp spelling skills to find the gold and capture the Huevos Rancheros Gang. Play with the teacher-developed word lists, or record your own words.
* Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice
* Parents' Choice Gold Award Winner
"Mystery Word Town is a mix of western style fun and silliness, but also has serious educational chops." - Teachers With Apps
Your Mission: Help the sheriff, a friendly and curious little ghost, recover the missing gold and catch the outlaws.
- Spelling practice integrated with a rich, immersive game experience
- Play with the teacher-developed word lists, or record your own words.
- 3 skill levels and 2 game modes provide a highly customizable and flexible learning experience for a range of ages
- Optional audio hints speak the words
- Visual hints provide scaffolding for difficult words
- Unlimited user accounts; create your own avatar and save your game progress
- Quirky characters and interactive discoveries delight young learners
• Increase spelling and word recognition skills
• Reinforce reading development
• Promote strategic and critical thinking
CUSTOMIZE SKILLS FOR SPECIFIC WORDS AND ABILITY:
Designed to support classroom learning, Mystery Word Town provides a unique and engaging way to practice spelling
Each player can customize various skills and play modes to suit their age, interest and ability:
- Select from 3 included word lists, created in collaboration with teachers and based on Fry high frequency words and sight words
- Make your own word lists and record your own voice
2 game modes:
- Listen Then Spell - hear a word spoken, then spell the word
- Spell Your Own - spell any word you want to solve the puzzle; words are validated against an extensive dictionary
UNLIMITED USER ACCOUNTS:
Add as many custom profiles as you like. Individual game settings and progress are saved in each player profile. Create different profiles, each tailored for specific practice and abilities.
MADE BY EDUCATIONAL GAME DESIGNERS
The game designers at Artgig Apps come from a background of educational software development and we put lots of TLC into every detail of each app we create to ensure a fun and engaging learning experience. We include kids, parents and teachers in our app development and testing to make sure our apps are exceptional tools that kids want to use again and again.
We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback.
Thanks for playing Mystery Word Town!
Also available - Mystery Math Town and Mystery Math Museum
For more Artgig Apps and demo videos: www.artgigapps.com
- Improved word list management
- Updated for the latest version of iOS
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.