In addition to numerous stability and performance improvements, this version includes the following bug fixes:
• Addressed an issue that sometimes caused lengthy wait times on the loading screen on startup.
• Fixed an issue that sometimes caused crashes from entering the app via a push notification.
Ratings and Reviews
I have been a subscriber to the National Geographic for decades. I was delighted when the digital version was introduced since I could archive past issues, access interactive features and enjoy the magazine in stunning colour and clarity. Now, I can’t even sign on. What happened and why?
Developer Response ,
Thank you for contacting us here at National Geographic. We appreciate you being a long time subscriber. The recent changes to the app were to keep in compliance with Apple's guidelines concerning apps.
In regards to you not being able to sign in can you reset your password if this resolves your issue by following the instructions in the article below.
ITS GETTING WORSE!!!!
I’ve subscribed to National Geographic since I was a child (40 years) and I can’t comprehend the decline of the magazine’s digital experience. I left a review a year ago when the interface changed (for the EXTREME WORSE) and was told then ‘we’ll take your feedback under advisement for upcoming changes’... we’ll what’s happened?? It’s gotten worse. Incomplete articles, lack of navigation ability back to the home screen when in an article, completely incomprehensible interface to understand what’s in the actual paper issue. This app is garbage. I desperately hope I can resist renewing unless it’s improved.
No more fun
Don’t like this new app at all. No fun to use it. Looks just like any other web articles I can read online anywhere. All the specialness is gone. I’ve been reading the magazine since I’ve been 10. That was 44 years ago. Been using the iPad version since it came out. What a sad moment. Please fix it soon so I can enjoy again.
Developer Response ,
We thank you for contacting us here at National Geographic. We do want to thank you for being a reader of 44 years. Your concerns have been presented to our product team.
- National Geographic Partners, LLC
- 119.7 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © National Geographic Partners
- In-App Purchases
- National Geographic Magazine March 2011 Issue $6.99
- National Geographic Magazine April 2011 Issue $6.99
- National Geographic Magazine May 2011 Issue $6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.