Navmii is a free community based navigation and traffic app for drivers.
Navmii puts voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, local search, points of interest and driver scores at your finger tips. With offline maps, for reliable navigation at home or abroad without an internet connection.
Over 24 million drivers already use Navmii and our maps are available for more than 185 countries across the globe.
• Turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation
• Traffic, speeding, hazard and safety camera alerts
• Community reporting (traffic, roadworks, accidents)
• Driver and Trip scores and analytics
• Smarter local search (TripAdvisor, Foursquare)
• what3words for precise on & off-road locations
• Share My Trip - share your route & eta with friends/ family
• Add multiple way-points – plan your routes more effectively
• Search using Postcode/ City/ Street
• Local search for places of interest (POIs)
• Integrated Google Street View
• ETA indicator
• Automatic smart rerouting – as road conditions change
• Support for 3D Touch (iPhone 6S only) – press and hold Navmii icon to quickly locate where you are, navigate to work/ home, search addresses
• Store your favourite locations
• Find your nearest parking, gas/ petrol, tourist attractions etc
• High definition maps
• GPS - no data connection required
Navmii is a proud supporter of and contributor to OpenStreetMap (OSM) the free wiki world map and foundation dedicated to open geospatial data. Over 1.5 million contributors make OSM one of the most locally up to date and dynamic digital base maps in existence.
We love feedback. Please note that iTunes doesn’t allow us to respond to App Store reviews. We hate seeing people with issues we can easily help with and bad reviews make us sad.
So, please send your thoughts or ask us a question by contacting us here:
- Twitter: @NavmiiSupport
- Email: Support@navmii.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/navmiigps
Note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Thanks for using Navmii! This release brings about some big changes. We are unifying all of our country specific apps in to one single Navmii app. This will be the last update for this version of Navmii.
Don’t worry, you can still continue to use this app BUT to keep getting app and map updates, please update to the new single unified version of Navmii.
To update, simply download the new single unified Navmii app, re-download your maps and restore purchases for free and continue to use Navmii as normal and enjoy the new updates.
Ratings and Reviews
App Actually Getting Worse
I’ve been using the Navmii app for almost 7 years now. When connected to a separate GPS unit, it is a fantastic app for travelling without using cell data and especially helpful in areas where there is no cell signal (still lots of those areas especially in mountainous regions). The app was spot on when travelling in Italy, getting me exactly, and I mean exactly, where I needed to go using rural roads and calculating the best routes.
North America is another story. For travel in Canada, OR travel from Canada to the US, you’re required to download a huge, and I mean, ‘UGE, map at $5.99 that covers the whole country. Should at least be broken down into provinces and be free, similar to the individual US state maps. I guess Navmii doesn’t appreciate the size of Canada.
The worst problem though is that the routes Navmii calculates for North American travel often send you miles/kilometres out of your way. If you set it for highway travel as the preferred option, it does just that. But it ignores the use of secondary roads to cross between two interstates on your route that might only be minutes apart, instead sticking to the highway until the two highways connect and miles out of your way.
If you want to use Navmii, connected to a separate GPS unit for offline travel and know where you are, it works well. I can no longer recommend it though for calculating travel routes though.
Thanks and it works in Canada
First and formal, thanks for this free and working GPS app. Yes, it works - even in Canada (partially) but it needed some tweaking. So I really hope the new version will include more detail Canada maps.
- Works and seems to be responsive enough on my 3GS.
- existing maps are clear
- Has many good features - you need to see them yourself.
- the volume appears to be on the soft side even setting it 100%. Please change the volume and make it louder.
- if it can read out street names (TTS) would be great.
- there are some features which could be good but could hinder the regular navigation if not paying attention.
- maps for Canada are not complete - needs more people to upload and update.
- maps appear to be 6 months behind (based on some new development near Toronto)
Good idea, bad idea
Good idea: free maps
Bad idea: Separate programs for us and Canada. So now how do I plan a trip from Toronto to Chicago?
- Navmii Publishing Ltd
- 221.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Navmii Publishing Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Map of Canada $5.49
- Ad-Free Version $2.79
- TTS (Voice Guidance) $3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.