One of the deepest, richest gameplay found in any game on any platform, NetHack is a cult classic since its release in 1987, and has since spawned many descendants (including Diablo). gandreas software now presents this classic for the iPhone/iPod Touch:
- Playable in either "ASCII" mode, or graphics mode (just rotate the device to switch)
- Obscure keyboard commands replaced with a simple taps for movement, or a handy command picker.
- Commands can also be activated by a unique gesture based command - want to search for a secret door? Swipe across the top of the play area (all the gestures are shown on the command picker for easy reference)
- Graphics can be zoomed in/out via pinch
- Completely faithful NetHack experience (all the levels, monsters, potions, scrolls, etc...)
- iPhone UI - standard scrolling lists, pickers, etc...
- Multiple tiles sets, from the classic to the sublime
- Never see a keyboard unless you are doing something like typing in a name!
Can you retrieve the Amulet of Yendor and return to the surface?
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No longer updated
This game is no longer updated for current IOS versions, so you probably shouldn't download it.
The app opened for me and shows a popup, but the popup says nothing and has no "ok" button. I can't do anything because the popup is covering the screen. I understand that the app is super old and will probably never be fixed. But for those of you wondering: no, it doesn't work.
Great game now abandoned
Was great when it first came out. But has since been abandoned. INetHack2 has taken up the reign of this. The developer uses a new version of NetHack. Check it out.
- Glenn Andreas
- 6.5 MB
Requires iOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2009 gandreas software
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.