***Bug fixes in 4.0.5***
• Fixed an issue where audio recordings could be interrupted when recording in the background
• Fixed a problem with Dropbox where folders could be missing when browsing files
• Other minor bug fixes and improvements
***What’s new in Notability 4.0***
This is an exciting update for Notability! We’ve added powerful new features: Shapes, Partial Eraser, and improved image control.
• Draw a shape, hold the stroke for a moment, then watch as it snaps perfectly into place!
• Shapes can be styled and manipulated like regular handwriting.
• Create circles, ellipses, triangles, squares, rectangles, hexagons, and irregular shapes
• Precisely erase any ink in a variety of eraser sizes, including shapes!
• Partial erase supports both freehand erasing and perfect shape erasing.
• Once a stroke is separated, it behaves exactly like regular handwriting.
• Rotate and crop images easily with a new, streamlined interface.
• Added support for auto-backup to WebDAV
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, can use some improvements
I have been using this app for about a month now (every day) and Im really pleased with how my notes have improved. I would never carry coloured pens or highlighters with me so having different colours improved my notes a lot. I also like the way everything is organized, very simple and efficient. The app is also compatible with most other services I use which is nice.
I wasnt aware I had to pay twice for both ios and os versions. And knowing that, I wouldnt have bought the mac version because it isn’t really that useful (for me at least)
Also the mac version is lacking in general.
My written notes are all done on an ipad and you can’t put text wherever you want on mac so I can’t edit notes later on a mac without typing over the hand writting. Which makes the mac version useless for me.
Otherwise, the app works great. I havnt had any issues with it and it syncs perfectly between devices. Keep it up!
Good app but could use more features for Mac version
Nice that it has the ability to sync your notes between the mobile and mac versions (even though you have to pay twice...) but there are very limited keyboard short cuts which makes it difficult to use efficiently on the compter. For example why are there keyboard shortcuts to change text sytle, size but not a shortcut to change the font!!!
Nothing like the iPad app
The iOS version of Notability is fantastic (except for the inability to make tables) and works great with the Apple Pencil. The Mac app on the other hand is more or less just a viewer for your iOS notes. The Mac app can't do much especially for the price.
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 98.1 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Ginger Labs, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.