**2018 New Apps We Love** - Apple
**Oak will guide you to more mindful, relaxed living** - AppAdvice
Oak helps you decompress by transforming your meditation practice from an experiment into a habit. We support you from your first session to your 500th, with mindful, loving-kindness, and sleep meditations as well as unguided sessions and breathing exercises. Individualize your meditations by duration, and customize with silence or calming background sounds. Oak tracks your progress and encourages you to continue building a healthy meditation practice.
- Guided mindful and loving-kindness meditations with male and female instructors
- Choose a guided session duration ranging from 5 to 30 minutes in length
- Choose unguided meditation sessions ranging from 5 minutes to 24 hours in length
- Sit in silence or choose soothing background tracks (bells, blocks, bowls, streams, and other gentle sounds) that encourage restfulness
- Courses: go deeper and learn to practice Mantra meditation with a 10-day course
- Simple yogic breathing exercises that can easily be performed on-the-go
- Options include Box Breathing, Deep Calm, and Awake sessions
- Animated instruction removes the guesswork
- Guided breathing exercises help relax your mind as you drift off to sleep
- Choose silence or gentle background sounds to play during and after your session
- For unguided meditation, set your custom mediation duration, background sounds (or silence), and interval chimes
- Oak tracks the number of minutes/hours you’ve meditated, mindful breaths you’ve taken, and the number of meditation/breathing sessions you’ve accomplished, as well as any consecutive streaks
- Discover new accomplishment badges the more you breathe and meditate with us
- The power of community: Monitor the number of Oak members mindfully breathing and meditating in real time
- Oak supports Apple HealthKit for tracking “mindful minutes” with the Health app (optional).
Thank you for taking care of yourself through meditation. Have questions or feedback? Reach out to us anytime at email@example.com.
Hi Oak crew,
Thank you for your ongoing support. This update contains several small bug fixes and performance improvements.
If you have any questions, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love this app! I’ve had it for probably over a year now, and its simplicity and power both blow me away! I love how it doesn’t tell you how long to breath for on the meditation parts, and I love the variety of different background sounds you can choose from. I’m starting to use the “Loving Kindness” feature, and it’s making me hate my roommates a lot less! I have nothing to criticize about this app. ❤️
Honestly the best meditation app! Highly highly recommend ❤️
Great minimal meditation app
Have been using Oak for a couple weeks now and have been enjoying it a lot. The interface is simple and attractive, and the app is easy to use while still having customizability.
Two features I’d love to see implemented:
1. Add audio cues to the breathing exercises. It would be nice to be able to close your eyes while breathing but have an audio cue tell you when to switch between an in-breath and out-breath. Other apps I’ve used in the past have this functionality and it’s definitely useful.
2. Add more options for “warm-up,” ideally allow the user to choose any interval between 5-60 seconds. I don’t need 30 seconds to get settled on my cushion.
Otherwise, this app is excellent and I really enjoy using it multiple times per day for my meditation practice and breathing exercises.
- Oak by Big Sky Health, Inc.
- 189 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Big Sky Health, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Course: Mantra Meditation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.