Two-week free trial! OmniFocus Standard and Pro are in-app purchases, with discounts for people who bought earlier versions of OmniFocus for iOS. Or you can get OmniFocus for iOS, Mac, and web for just one price with the OmniFocus Subscription. Download the app for details.
Use OmniFocus to accomplish more every day. Create projects and tasks, organize them with tags, focus on what you can do right now — and get stuff done.
OmniFocus — now celebrating 10 years as the trusted, gold-standard to-do list app — brings unrivaled power and flexibility to your iPhone and iPad, making it easy to work the way you want to work.
OmniFocus manages everything in your busy life. Use projects to organize tasks naturally, and then add tags to organize across projects. Easily enter tasks when you’re on the go, and process them when you have time. Tap the Forecast view — which shows both tasks and calendar events — to get a handle on your day. Use the Review perspective to keep your projects and tasks on track.
Then let our free syncing system make sure your data is the same on all your iOS devices. (And on OmniFocus for Mac and Web, available separately.) Because your data is encrypted, it’s safe in the cloud.
STANDARD FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• NEW: Tags add a powerful additional organizing tool. Create tags for person, energy level, priority, location, and more.
• NEW: Batch editing lets you set due dates, tags, and other data for multiple tasks all at once
• NEW: Flexible inspectors allow you to show only the features you use, and reorder them so your favorites are where you want them
• NEW: The Forecast view shows your tasks and calendar events in order, so you can better see what’s coming up in your day
• NEW: Enhanced repeating tasks are easier than ever to set up — and they work with real-world examples such as the first weekday of the month
• Inbox is where you quickly add tasks — save them when you think of them, organize them later
• Syncing supports end-to-end encryption so that your data is safe wherever it’s stored, on our server or yours
• Notes can be attached to your tasks, so you have the information you need
• Attachments — graphics and audio — add rich information to your tasks
• View options let you customize each perspective by deciding what it should show and how it should filter your tasks
• The Review perspective takes you through your projects and tasks — so you stay organized
• With Siri support you can add tasks just by talking
• OmniFocus Mail Drop adds tasks via email and works with services like IFTTT and Zapier
• The Today Widget and the Apple Watch app show you your most important items — you don’t even have to open OmniFocus on your phone to know what’s up
• Support for TaskPaper Text and omnifocus:///add and /paste URLs lets you automate using Workflow
Pro features make OmniFocus even more powerful:
PRO FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Custom perspectives help you create new ways to see your data by filtering and grouping projects and tags. NEW: The filtering rules are simpler to use while being more powerful than ever, letting you combine rules with “all,” “any,” and “none.” You can also choose any image to use as your custom perspective’s icon, and a custom tint color to go with it.
• NEW: Today’s Forecast can include items with a specific tag, and you can reorder those tasks however you choose, so you can plan your day better
• The customizable sidebar and home screen lets you organize your perspectives the way you want to, for super-fast access
• The Today Widget shows a perspective of your choice in Notification Center
Download OmniFocus right now and start your free trial! The app includes a quick tutorial and a manual — and there’s plenty more on the website.
If you have feedback or questions, our Support Humans would love to hear from you! Send email to email@example.com, call us at at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or reach us on Twitter at @omnifocus.
OmniFocus 3.3.2 is a minor update focused on bug fixes.
• First Launch — Fixed a problem where OmniFocus wouldn’t offer to migrate an old database to the latest format when connecting to a sync location for the first time.
• Free Viewer — To avoid data loss, Reminders Capture is now disabled in Free Viewer mode.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniFocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.
Ratings and Reviews
My right arm
Thank you omnigroup for your constant improvement! Tags is simple, but it was a MUCH needed evolutionary step. Perhaps without it, I’d have left, but this fills my last true issue. Finally feeling like I have full creative freedom on how I display my tasks and projects.
OmniFocus is the only one that just clicks with me
Never thought I’d pay that much for an app, but they convinced me to give in. There is nothing like it, period.
If you want to achieve anything complex in life, you need a robust personal project management system. Other apps focus more on simplicity, at the expense of functionality. When you use those apps, at some point, you will ask, well, I want to ..., how do I do it here so that it ..., well, I guess there is no way to ..., well, I need to do this as a compromise, so that it at least somewhat makes sense. Not in OmniFocus, because it’s made for just that, and is catered to pro users.
On the other hand, OmniFocus will likely make an average user’s head spin. So, it definitely should not be the first app you consider. If your life and your domain of responsibilities are very simple; you just needed a shopping list of some sort; and you don’t have any multidimensional projects and their corresponding dependencies, then Thing 3, Wonderlist or even the built-in Apple Reminder will do, and it’s free with hardware purchase.
The Mac version of OmniFocus still needs some enrichment, and it has great potentials, but currently it is less powerful than the iOS version (random later function in defer date, location based tags, Siri integration, notifications, etc). Of course, Macs have bigger screens and superior keyboards, so that’s a plus.
The Mac version has Edu discounts on their website, which is great. It’s about 40% off regular, so that justified the deficiencies I mentioned above, at least for me. The Mac app is sold separately and is more expensive than the iOS version before the Edu discount, but the iOS version doesn’t have any Edu discounts due to App Store restrictionists.
Used to be great, now I’m disappointed
For those who choose to buy Omnifocus 3, please read along.
I am a fan of the GTD method and Omnifocus is a great cultivation to the idea they adopted from David Allen. However, omnifocus used to be about catering to customer needs, but now, they are out to get your money, promise you a great app but ONLY UNTIL the next version comes app. At which point, they abandon their previous version, and while they don’t force upgrades onto customers, they stop updating the app, the app keeps crashing and customers would be forced to either cough up more money for an upgrade or simply abandon the app.
My OF 2 Pro crashes a lot now, although one would expect from having paid a steep price for one app, that it would at least be maintained from a stability point of view, but no, iOS keeps updating and the app remains the same.
Yes, OF do offer discounted upgrades to existing customer, BUT, a loyal existing customer would end up be paying more for the next pro version than a new customer.
So, if you want to buy it, good luck, and keep your fingers crossed they wouldn’t abandon you for the new OF 4.
- The Omni Group
- 174.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2019 The Omni Group
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial Free
- Free Trial Free
- Upgrade to v3 Pro $52.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.