Two-week free trial! OmniFocus Standard and Pro are in-app purchases, with discounts for people who bought earlier versions of OmniFocus for Mac through the Mac App Store. Or you can get OmniFocus for iOS, Mac, and web for just one price with the OmniFocus Subscription. Download the app for details.
Use OmniFocus to accomplish more every day. Create projects and tasks, organize them with tags, focus on what you can do right now — and get stuff done.
OmniFocus — now celebrating 10 years as the trusted, gold-standard to-do list app — brings unrivaled power and flexibility to your Mac, making it easy to work the way you want to work.
OmniFocus manages everything in your busy life. Use projects to organize tasks naturally, and then add tags to organize across projects. Easily enter tasks when you’re on the go, and process them when you have time. Tap the Forecast view — which shows both tasks and calendar events — to get a handle on your day. Use the Review perspective to keep your projects and tasks on track.
Then let our free syncing system make sure your data is the same on every Mac. (And on OmniFocus for iOS and Web, available separately.) Because your data is encrypted, it’s safe in the cloud.
STANDARD FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• NEW: Tags add a powerful additional organizing tool. Create tags for people, energy levels, priorities, locations, and more.
• NEW: The Forecast view shows your tasks and calendar events in order, so you can better see what’s coming up in your day.
• NEW: Enhanced repeating tasks are easier than ever to set up — and they work with real-world examples such as the first weekday of the month.
• NEW: The Modern, fresh-but-familiar design helps you focus on your content.
• Inbox is where you quickly add tasks — save them when you think of them, and organize them later.
• Syncing supports end-to-end encryption so that your data is safe wherever it’s stored, on our server or yours.
• Notes can be attached to your tasks, so you have all the information you need.
• Attachments — graphics, video, audio, whatever you want — add richness to your tasks.
• View Options let you customize each perspective by deciding what it should show and how it should filter your tasks.
• The Review perspective takes you through your projects and tasks — so you stay on track.
• OmniFocus Mail Drop adds tasks via email and works with services like IFTTT and Zapier (if you’re using our free syncing server).
• The Today Widget shows you your most important items — you don’t even have to switch to the app to know what’s up.
• Support for TaskPaper Text and omnifocus:///add and /paste lets you automate using URLs.
Pro features make OmniFocus even more powerful:
PRO FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Custom perspectives help you create new ways to see your data by filtering and grouping projects and tags. NEW: The filtering rules are simpler to use while being more powerful than ever, letting you combine rules with “all,” “any,” and “none.” You can also choose any image to use as your custom perspective’s icon, and a custom tint color to go with it.
• NEW: Today’s Forecast can include items with a specific tag, and you can reorder those tasks however you choose, so you can plan your day better.
• The customizable sidebar lets you organize your perspectives the way you want to, for super-fast access.
• The Today Widget shows a perspective of your choice in Notification Center.
• AppleScript support opens up a world of automation, using Apple’s Mac scripting language.
Download OmniFocus right now and start your free trial! The app includes a manual, and there’s plenty more documentation on the website.
If you have feedback or questions, our Support Humans would love to hear from you! Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or reach us on Twitter at @omnifocus.
Subscription Terms of Service: https://www.omnigroup.com/legal
OmniFocus 3.15.4 is a minor update focused on bug fixes.
• Tabs — Fixed a bug that could cause tabs to sometimes fail to restore properly.
• Stability — Addressed a crash on launch related to restoring perspective settings.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email email@example.com, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniFocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.
Ratings and Reviews
No background notification?
For a 109$CAD product, it doesn't even have the basic functionality of alerts/notifications on OSX.
There is mention of API changes in new OSX that causes it, but other applications have working alerts. AirMail etc..
I would like to use omni-focus, the other features seem nice, but lack of alerts is a show-stopper for me unfortunatley since a lot of my tasks are time-sensitive.
Developer Response ,
UPDATE: OmniFocus 3.2, featuring background notifications on macOS Mojave, shipped January 15, 2019. Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and sorry for the frustration! It wasn't the API changes themselves that caused us to leave Notifications out of 3.0, but their timing. The good news is that background notifications are a feature of OmniFocus 3.2 which will be released very soon (maybe by the time you read this). We're sorry for the delay!
I paid a huge sum of money to buy omnifocus 2 a few months ago, and then had to pay again to get omnifocus 3 on iOS, and now I have to pay AGAIN to get it on MacOS?? Trying to quadruple dip me for the same product is absolute nonsense. I'm just a broke student trying to be productive this level of greed is not sustainable.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and sorry for the confusion! We strongly believe in giving customers credit for previous purchases, which is why those who purchased OmniFocus 2 on iOS or Mac after we announced OmniFocus 3 (in October 2017) are eligible for a free upgrade on the same platform. From your message it sounds like you fall into that category, so we invite you to email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help sort this out. Regarding charging separately on Mac and iOS, the main reason that we do this is so that folks who don't need support on both platforms (because they don't have a Mac, for example) don't need to pay for things they won't use. That said, we've heard from plenty of folks that a single-price option is something they'd be interested in and we'll explore that for the future. We try to be upfront and mention this fact in our marketing materials wherever we mention iOS in the context of OmniFocus for Mac and vice-versa, but if there are places you think we could do better please don't hesitate to let us know.
Trying it ...
Nice try ... I use the great Spark email client and add tasks from email most of the time. This is why I am trying OmniFocus, but this is not exactly what I was looking for. I would like to be able to see the "omnifocus tasks" in the calendar and be able to create a project or just add notes from it to follow the task and adjust the following if needed, and it seems I cannot do it ...
Developer Response ,
Thanks for giving OmniFocus a try! OmniFocus’s Forecast perspective might provide the functionality you’re looking for. Our Support team can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone Mon - Fri, 10am - 5pm Pacific at 1 (800) 315-6664 or 1 (206) 523-4152—they would be would be happy to help you determine if it would be a good fit for your workflow!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Omni Group
- 73.6 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2007-2023 The Omni Group
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial $0.00
- OmniFocus Subscription $13.49
- Legacy OmniFocus Subscription $12.99
- Free Trial $0.00
- Upgrade to v3 Pro $69.99
- Unlock Standard $69.99
- Unlock Pro $129.99
- Upgrade to v3 Standard $34.99
- Legacy OmniFocus Subscription $129.99
- OmniFocus Subscription $134.99