Manage huge collections of chord charts and lyrics sheets for your band or worship team on your iPad or iPhone. Quickly pull and reorder set lists and flip from one song to the next with ease. Transpose and highlight chords or change font size with a brush of your finger! Hands-free operation with popular wireless foot pedals or MIDI devices. Playing music has never been more simple with software built for live performance musicians.
You can import songs directly from online sources such as Dropbox, or add your own songs with the built-in editor. Just type the song like you would expect and surround your chords in square brackets inline with your lyrics. It's that easy! OnSong automatically detects sections and titles for you when you end them with a colon.
You can also import your existing songs using iTunes file sharing or Dropbox. OnSong supports PDF, Word, Pages, JPG, PNG, TIFF, ChordPro and text file formats.
When you have your set just the way you want it, share it with your band members wirelessly. Listen to the song you are playing directly from your iTunes or OnSong music library, play a metronome or get the music iTunes with just one tap. This app is loaded with features that musicians demand.
• Simple song and chord entry
• Import, export and synchronize with Dropbox and other sources
• Pull sets and change songs for live performance
• Flip or tap through all the songs in your set
• Transpose and capo with a tap or brush of your finger
• Highlight or bold chords for visibility
• Change font size and style
• Keep track of your past sets and archive
• Import songs from your various online sources
• Play backing tracks from your iTunes or OnSong music library
• Play a click track to a metronome with remembered tempo for each song
• Share wirelessly with your band members over Bluetooth or WiFi
• Send your list to your team via email
• Print your set wirelessly to an AirPrint printer
• Works with many foot pedals such as the AirTurn PED, AirTurn BT-105, Griffin Stompbox and iRig Blueboard
• Project lyrics or use a stage monitor with VGA, HDMI, AirPlay and Chromecast support
We're continuing to make OnSong better with bug fixes and new features. Please check out the release notes for this version at: http://onsongapp.com/releases/2019.7
Ratings and Reviews
Cream of the Crop
Best music app I have ever used. These people really care.
We'd be lost without it
Simply the best available system to keep your band on the same page. OnSong Connect allows your bandleader to control all the iPads seamlessly, and instantly.
As a longtime user, I'll suggest this: purchase a router (we use an Apple AirPort Express), and setup a LAN network for OnSong. It eliminates interference and dropouts.
Please fix OpenSong import
Hey Jason.... I don’t know when this started happening, but when importing songs in OpenSong format, all OnSong shows is the <?xml ?> document header for every song. It used to import the song and its basic formatting perfectly.
I also posted a request to the FB group that it would be really helpful if OnSong could use OpenSong format files seamlessly, so I could transfer them back and forth between my desktop and the iPad.
- OnSong LLC
- 112.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 OnSong LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Drawing Tool $3.99
- OnSong Console $13.99
- Acoustic Guitar Soundbank $1.39
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.