OpenVPN Connect is the official full-featured iPhone/iPad VPN client for the OpenVPN Access Server, Private Tunnel VPN, and OpenVPN Community, developed by OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.
* Easily import .ovpn profiles from iTunes, OpenVPN Access Server, Private Tunnel, or via a browser link.
* State-of-the-art power management technology minimizes battery usage.
* Support for multi-factor authentication using OpenVPN static and dynamic challenge/response protocols.
* Full IPv6 support (at both the tunnel and transport layer).
* uses mbedTLS (not affected by Heartbleed issue)
* Added Data Policy Agreement
* Added "Certificates" screen with the possibility to remove external certs
* Removed outdated "Network State detection" setting and enabled it by default
* Increased max length of inputs - username, hostname, etc.
* Added missed labels for Voice Over
* Fixed iOS 12 connectivity issues
* Fixed 'high battery usage' issue by reducing speed stats frequency. Now Speed Chart shows data with 10 sec interval
* Allowed empty password for certificates
* Added custom error messages for connection attempt without network available or proper certificate
* Disabled "Compression" by default (because it is insecure)
* Changed icons for "Edit Profile" and "Edit Proxy" buttons, and improved UX by increasing touch area
* Small UI improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Broken ipv6 vs ipv4
I’ve done extensive testing with identical opvn profiles on a LTE iPad and iPhone. The ipv4 iPad works and the ipv6 iPhone doesn’t. The iPhone connects but passes traffic only intermittently. Routing and DNS issues need to be fixed.
New version is complete rubbish
You broke a perfectly working app. Congratulations!
Most of my profile don’t work anymore. I also contacted the support but the response is always: “enable the compression.” and that’s it.
Such a shame. And there is no other alternatives on iOS. What are we going to do now??? For the sake of humanity bring back the old version!
Love it but should have option to exclude some ssid
Works well but would be awesome if you could set the app not to connect on trusted wifi ssid. Other apps are doing it. Would be easy to add.
- OPENVPN TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 19.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © OpenVPN, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.