OpenVPN Connect is the official full-featured iPhone/iPad VPN client for the OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Community, developed by OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.
* Easily import .ovpn profiles from iTunes, OpenVPN Access Server or via a browser link.
* State-of-the-art power management technology minimizes battery usage.
* Support for multi-factor authentication using OpenVPN static and dynamic challenge/response protocols.
* Full IPv6 support (at both the tunnel and transport layer).
* uses mbedTLS (not affected by Heartbleed issue)
* Removed the Private Tunnel section. The Private Tunnel app can be downloaded from the App Store separately
* Improved connection stability when device is in sleep mode
* Improved error messages during profile import and connection attempts
* Improved security by saving profile passwords in System Security storage
* Changed timeout logic when network is unavailable
* Fixed usage of basic authentication for proxies
* Fixed the ‘AES-CBC cipher algorithm’ setting to help connect to legacy servers
* Other various connectivity fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Love it but should have option to exclude some ssid
Works well but would be awesome if you could set the app not to connect on trusted wifi ssid. Other apps are doing it. Would be easy to add.
Broken ipv6 vs ipv4
I’ve done extensive testing with identical opvn profiles on a LTE iPad and iPhone. The ipv4 iPad works and the ipv6 iPhone doesn’t. The iPhone connects but passes traffic only intermittently. Routing and DNS issues need to be fixed.
New version is complete rubbish
You broke a perfectly working app. Congratulations!
Most of my profile don’t work anymore. I also contacted the support but the response is always: “enable the compression.” and that’s it.
Such a shame. And there is no other alternatives on iOS. What are we going to do now??? For the sake of humanity bring back the old version!
- OPENVPN TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 15.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © OpenVPN, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.