One note app to write, organize & print. OneNote compatible & Office 365 powered.
Capture notes at any spot on a page and draggable around the place, organize in the world's most natural hierarchy, print to PDF, publish to web, and sync across devices with your favorite cloud.
- Choose where you want to store your notes: WebDAV, Dropbox, iCloud, Box, OneDrive, or SharePoint Server
- Consider a no-cloud option too: some notes need offline and cloud-free privacy
- Find everything a note needs by the hand: text, lists, tables, handwriting, and drawing
- Put that stuff anywhere in a note and then move around / re-size / edit it all, the way you like
- Personalize notebooks with artful covers
- Keep notes structured in a natural hierarchy of pages, sections, and notebooks (and section groups, yes)
- Access a note fast via recents, search, and note links
ONENOTE'S BEST FRIEND
- Import from OneNote, to give those notes a new start beyond OneDrive or SharePoint
- Export to OneNote, just in case
- Go beyond import/export and do a real time collaboration on notes with colleagues who use OneNote (your iPad and their PCs)
Whether it is your meeting minutes, research, document annotations, or ideas, give those a chance to go beyond the limits.
Your notes are essential and do matter more than formats, storage, platforms, or even the app for note-taking.
"From a feature set and user interface perspective, Outline is impressive" - TechRepublic.
"Outline for iPad really provides the full editing experience you would have in OneNote or even on your Mac." - iPhone Life.
"Outline a grants you the basic and much-needed capability to create new notebooks and sections" - CNET.
Featured on Product Hunt in "Alternatives to Evernote" collection: producthunt.com/e/alternatives-to-evernote
Learn more about beyond-the-platform note-taking experience: check out Outline for Mac at outline.ws/mac
The update fixes synchronization problem that occurred due to changes in OneDrive
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
any news about video capture/import?
Good app. One thing that is stopping me from moving from onenote to this app is the absence of the video capture or video import. A lot of assessment is done through videotaping students demonstrating their understanding of concepts taught.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the lack of required features in Outline! Feel welcome to vote for the video capture / import feature on our Support Portal: help.outline.ws
Well designed but poor ink support
This is a well-designed app that is easy to use and generally functions well. The one major drawback is its extremely poor ink support. I tried using it on an iPad Pro with Apple Pencil and the inking was the worst from among all notebooks apps I tried, such as OneNote, Notability and Good Notes. There is extreme lag and the shapes and letter forms are imprecise. It’s a huge disappointment and very odd. I would have figured a developer could just adopt Apple’s native support for ink using Pencil and it would work well. That doesn’t appear to be the case because it’s basically unusable in this app.
Very difficult to work with text.
How to paste text?!?!!?!
No problem to paste a text from the clipboard to any other app. Just not in Outline. Does not follow the principals of iOS. Paste command in the i menu on the right does NOTHING. Yet paste in any other app just works fine and adds the text from the Clipboard.
If you are looking for an easy to use app that you can just copy-past text quickly... look for another app.
- GORILLIZED CORPORATION
- 122 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Gorillized Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- WebDAV Sync $3.99
- OneDrive for Business $6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.