WHY DID WE MAKE THIS?
This app was designed by an MD pain specialist and PhD pharmacologist to help individuals with chronic pain create a comprehensive picture of the different types of pain felt during the day. By keeping such a detailed diary, users can now see and better understand what they have been feeling and if the treatments being tried are helping them.
TRACK IT BETTER. TREAT IT BETTER.
Using patent-pending technology, you can now distinctly track, map, and monitor the intensity, pattern, and extent-of-spread of at least 12 different types of pain on your mobile device. We’ve also added a separate tracking system for numbness.
PAIN IS LIFE-CHANGING.
When you are suffering with pain, what you want is to get better again and be able to help your doctor understand what you are feeling.
Tracking your pain is important in treating your pain. When your healthcare team can see exactly how your pain changes over time, trends can emerge that might otherwise go unnoticed.
Pain is a complex sensation that can constantly change with varying intensities, textures, locations, and patterns of spread. This is especially true for individuals who suffer from a severe type of chronic pain called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS).
Nanolume® makes it easy for you to track, analyze, and map at least 12 distinct types of pain every day. By more completely knowing what types of pain a person is suffering with, such knowledge can be used to improve the basis upon which your diagnosis and treatment can be developed and/or adjusted.
PAIN IS DIFFERENT.
Pain is a subjective (not objective) sensation — it cannot be measured by a medical device. Its assessment relies on the ability of a person to accurately describe and communicate what he or she feels.
This app helps you explain and show to others precisely what you feel every day.
For each diary entry (pain picture):
• Choose from a list of at least 12 uniquely different pain types; you can even choose multiple types of pain — each one layered separately.
• Select the intensity of each pain type.
• Use your finger or a stylus pen to draw an “outline” around the location where each type of pain is felt.
• The app automatically calculates (estimates) the % body surface area covered (affected) by each (or all) type(s) of pain.
• Open a saved entry (pain picture) and look at the location of each unique pain type (by touching the pain type you want to see) or look at how all the pain types overlap together (by touching "All Layers"). Swipe the picture left or right to review how your pain changes over time.
• Add "Notes" for additional details.
• Miss an entry? Go back and recreate a "pain picture" from the past; then, use the "Calendar" icon to backdate the recreated entry.
• View a summary of your data in "Charts".
• Calendar. Touch the "Calendar" icon to backdate any pain-picture you draw to create a record of what you remember feeling from the past.
• Unlimited Pain Entries. An unlimited number of pain entries can be saved and tracked (data summarized in “Charts”).
• Copy/Edit. Copy or edit-a-copy of a previous pain entry.
• Custom Pain Types. It allows you to define up to 3 customized pain types.
• Export. Email or save a CSV file of your numeric data you can open in a spreadsheet.
• New! Zoom. Pinch or double-tap to zoom.
• Numbness. Track numbness along with pain entries (data charted separately).
• Interactive Summary & Animation. Play an animation of your data showing how “each” of your pain types, or “all” of your pain types, change within any time period you choose by selecting the corresponding start/stop dates. New! PDF Export. Export your charts, drawings, and notes as a PDF file.
Data is stored on your device and is not collected or stored by Nanolume®, LLC.
Copyright © 2014-2020 Nanolume® LLC. All rights reserved. Patent Pending.
In version 4 you can export your charts, drawings, and notes as a PDF file. You also have the ability to "pinch" or "double-tap" to zoom into your pain-layer diagrams when creating them to more precisely outline the exact location, shape, and size of each pain type you want to draw. In update 4.5, we added minor edits to our previously released General Help screen that refreshed and expanded the instructions for all of the app's features. To learn more, tap the info button in the top-left corner of the home screen and choose General Help.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Only allows certain number of entries before you have to pay. Doesn’t really work on someone with fibro, and numerous auto-immune issues.
Allows you to pinpoint your areas
Developer Response ,
ENTRIES: Our app now allows for unlimited entries. FIBROMYALGIA: Several patients with fibromyalgia like to use our app because it allows them to each of the different types of fibromyalgia pain they feel, like: aching, allodynia (sensitivity-to-touch), burning, stiffness, throbbing, and more, including customizable types of pain. ZOOM: We recently added a zoom feature to pinpoint your pain in small areas. PDF FILE: Our in-app purchase "Interactive Summary & Animation" now has a new feature that lets you email out a PDF that contains printable color copies of all you pain maps, charts, and notes. CONTACT: Please contact us with any questions: email@example.com
Needs export function
Does exactly what I want it to do but needs a way to export so I can send a report to my Doctor
Developer Response ,
Our apologies for the delay in responding to your comments. We have only recently obtained access to user comments in Canada. Hopefully you are not still experiencing persistent pain, but if you are, we are about to release version 4.1 of our app which offers two options to export/share your data: (1) a CSV file of your numeric data that you can share and open in Excel [included free]; (2) a PDF file of your charts, pain maps, and notes that you can share [included with the upgrade "Interactive Summary & Animation]. Kindly review "General Help" or contact us for any needed details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nanolume, LLC
- 137.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014-2020 Nanolume® LLC. All rights reserved. Patent Pending.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Diary Entries
- Numbness $2.79
- Copy and Edit a Previous Pain Entry
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.