Palettes Pro is a powerful productivity tool for creating and maintaining color palettes. Great for creating color schemes. Now you can create a color palette anywhere at anytime. Grab colors from a photograph, a website, or add colors using any one of 5 color models. Quickly find matching colors with support for many different color schemes. You may create and store any number of palettes.
NOTE: New users may wish to download the free version of Palettes. That version can be upgraded to a Basic level or this Pro level directly from within the application.
Key features include:
• Single universal application works on all your iOS devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
• Quickly create a color palette from a web site, image, camera, or color scheme.
• Unlimited number of palettes.
• 25 colors per palette.
• Undo/Redo support.
• Import/Export palettes from/to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks, GIMP, Paintshop Pro, Procreate, and OS X Color Chooser.
• Import/Export palettes via email. Team development made easy with one click import.
• Backup and restore your Palettes data directly to/from your own computer, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or FTP servers.
• Import and export palette files directly to/from your own computer, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, FTP servers, or another app.
• Email color palettes to friends and co-workers.
• Pick colors from:
• RGB, HSV (HSB), HSL, CMYK, or Gray scale sliders
• Standard colors lists (SVG, Web Safe, HTML, Java, Apple) or other palettes.
• A website URL (webpage, image, CSS file, 3rd party palette file).
• An image or camera.
• Any valid CSS3 color representation.
• Create colors via:
• Color blending using 1 of 4 color models.
• Color schemes (monochromatic, analogous, triadic, complementary, split complementary).
• Review color information:
• Details (integer, hex, percent, decimal, CSS).
• As both a foreground and background color.
• "Palette Flow" (not on iPad)
• Display a color full screen to compare against a real world item (press and hold color briefly).
• Palette preview screen.
• Backup a palette as an image in your photo library for later restore.
• Rename, reorder, or delete palettes.
• Sort palette colors by RGB, HSV/B, HSL, CMYK, or Gray color model.
• All work is saved as you go.
• Always remembers where you left off last.
• Built in context sensitive help system.
• Preferences can be set from within the application.
• Excellent customer support.
Palettes can be used to create color palettes for:
• Web site design
• Marketing campaigns
• Home decorating
• Color coordinating
• Anywhere colors are needed - just use your imagination
Please visit http://www.maddysoft.com/iphone/palettes to see a more complete set of screen shots and additional information on the features of "Palettes". The website includes contact information for leaving feedback, asking questions, or reporting any issues.
NOTE: Known limitation - this version is unable to import binary OS X palette files (.clr) from ~/Library/Colors.
Support for the new iPhone X models.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice idea, but a bit flawed
A few problems
- App exits/crashes frequently. Doesn't appear to lose your work when it does so that is good
- Can be very hard to activate a palette as the app fails to distinguish drag for a palette activation from scrolling the palette list.
- Pulling a palette from a picture tends to find many similar colors and miss some more interesting ones. Aligning the picture helps a bit.
One feature request - it would be nice to add a gradient tool.
The developer, Rick Maddy, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Richard Maddy
- 18.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2018 Rick Maddy
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.