Papers is your personal library of research on the go. Find, read, organize, share and sync your research papers - anytime, anywhere!
• Revolutionize how you collect, organize, and read documents.
• Search simultaneously from 20+ repositories, including PubMed, Google Scholar and ArXiv.
• When you import papers into your library, Papers lets you organize them in collections and read, annotate and freehand draw them in glorious full screen.
• Import Word, PowerPoint, and other document files to your library and organize them just as easy as your PDFs.
• Automatically find and download the PDF for references you import from search engines, when the full-text is available!
• Papers now also optionally lets you synchronize your library via your local Wi-Fi network or Dropbox to your Mac, PC and iOS devices.
• Create Shared Collections and add content to your Reading List, also accessible via your web browser.
• Support for Apple Pencil in the reader mode.
Papers is a full workflow solution designed to make sure you spend time on what’s important: your research.
- Fixes compatibility issues with iOS 11
- Fixes an issue where searching via Google Scholar didn't return any search results
- Improves Dropbox syncing
Ratings and Reviews
Not nearly as well put together as the OSX version
The user interface is very busy and, therefore, confusing and annotations are difficult with a stylus (I used the apple pencil). If you only want ot highlight and circle things, you're fine, but making written notes is awful.
Good - could be great
Papers for Mac is an awesome application, that I have used now for over 10 years. This app is a good addition, after recent fixes of the metadata editing capabilities. This app could be a standalone platform for research and reference management - if it was updated to include the full power of the Mac version. With the recent increase in size and capabilities of the iOS devices - the iOS version could in fact become just as powerful, while more user friendly and mobile platform. As is, the app is great for reading, annotating, and good for editing metadata. The metadata editing still needs some tweaking (for example: URL does not transfer from websites converted to pdf, and can’t be edited manually, types of dates for caselaw is not appropriate, etc.) The biggest need for improvement now is in the research, import and organization capabilities. Importing a website neither creates a pdf version, nor can a pdf version be attached. This is not good, as one has to be able to capture web based sources relied on - in case they are taken down or changed. Also, matching seems not to look in the app’s own library - previously allowing to combine web-source and a matching pdf caption. Split screen is desperately needed. As before, I would gladly pay for a full fledged Papers for iOS (designed for iPad) - one that would allow me to do my research and writing solely on my iPad - preferably not cloud or subscription based. Hope to see an updated version soon, so I can update the rating and write a glowing 5 star review.
Despite subscribing to iCloud and being emphatically assured by an apple store employee that my data would safely transfer to a new iPad, papers, according to support doesn’t do basic data backup, unlike - literally - ever other app I use for anything important. Do *not* use without a Dropbox subscription. Am entirely disgusted.
- 103.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Digital Science & Research Solutions Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.