Dependable and powerful, instantly view, draw, highlight, comment, fill and sign applications or contracts, make corrections, and much more effortlessly on your iPad or iPhone. Save time and secure the best editor for your PDF editing tasks.
“Plenty of iOS apps for reading PDFs are out there, but if you need to edit a PDF, PDFpen is the way to go.”—Macworld.com
“If you are looking for a workhorse app to handle your PDFs made by responsive developers, look no further than PDFpen.” —iPad Notebook
“A beautifully designed app that is full of sophisticated features.” —iPhone J.D.
- Quickly open PDF documents to read, search, and zoom
- Dark mode support
- View two documents simultaneously with multiple windows (iPadOS)
ANNOTATE AND EDIT
- Add highlights and freehand scribbles safely with wrist/palm protection
- Insert note and comment annotations
- Draw shapes, including lines, arrows, rectangles, ellipses, and polygons
- Move, resize, copy and delete images in original PDF
- Import images from Photo Library
- Annotate with proofreading marks and stamps
- Add watermarks
- Automatic page numbering including Bates numbering
- Correct text in original PDF with editable text blocks
FILL AND SIGN FORMS
- Add text, images, and signatures to PDFs
- Fill out PDF forms, including specialized signature fields
CREATE, NAVIGATE, AND ORGANIZE
- Use the iOS Files interface to import/export and organize PDFs in folders
- Sidebar for thumbnail, annotation, & table of contents skimming
- Duplicate and rotate pages
- Add, delete, or rearrange pages
- Combine documents
- Select from a variety of paper styles for notes or other tasks
SYNC AND SHARE
- Sync and save documents in iCloud & Files-compatible apps such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneNote, for sharing between devices
- Email and Airdrop your documents, with an option to flatten documents for maximum compatibility
- Set a document password, which is required when opening your document, and even set the level of encryption
- Save frequently used images, signatures, objects, and text in the PDFpen Library for reuse
- Support for pressure-sensitive/Bluetooth styluses: Apple Pencil, FiftyThree Pencil, Adonit Bluetooth Stylus
Seamlessly continue PDF editing tasks on your Mac with PDFpen or PDFpenPro’s advanced features. PDFpen for Mac is available for $74.95. PDFpenPro is $124.95. Both require macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later. Demo versions are available at https://smilesoftware.com/PDFpen.
Smile offers fast and friendly support. If you have any questions or feedback, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us at https://smilesoftware.com/support/
About Smile: https://smilesoftware.com/company/about/
Smile Policy: https://smilesoftware.com/company/policies/
- Create and edit links to URLs, email addresses, and other PDF pages
- Various fixes and improvements
PDFpen for iPad & iPhone v.5 is on sale at a great low price — for a limited time.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
L’app n’est pas fiable. Elle gèle régulièrement faisant perdre le travail fait. Je déconseille.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the app. We take all concerns seriously and would love to address your issues more specifically. Please send details to: https://smle.us/support
Never fails to disappoint
I have tried to love PDFPen for many years and have been continuing to support it through paying for upgrades. Although it is usually stable on Mac OS, the iOS version continues to be unstable garbage and should not be used if you are not prepared to lose all your work every time you use it. Sorry guys, need to find an alternative because I can’t keep losing all my work using your product.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you are having troubles with PDFpen for iPad & iPhone. We take all concerns seriously and would love to address your issues more specifically. Please send details to: https://smle.us/support
great PDF editor
PDFpen has been my favourite PDF editor for Mac and iOS for several years now. It has an amazing range of features but also an easy to use interface that doesn’t hide them. I’d give it 5 stars, but it’s still not quite bug-free enough to earn that. Once I’ve set into a workflow, PDFpen has always been as dependable as any software I own. It’s the weird documents and exceptional tasks where I sometimes encounter glitches (as you do with *any* PDF software). The only persistent glitch over the past few versions has been a visual one — high-resolution scanned documents still display with blank zones maybe 1% of the time, though the fix of pinching to zoom in then out again is trivial.
- SmileOnMyMac, LLC
- 47.7 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 SmileOnMyMac, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.