Peanut is a simple remote control for your favorite DVR.
- Classic design works just like you'd expect!
- Rotate the device for a full QWERTY Keyboard (not all DVR text entry screens support keyboard entry. Make sure your device does not have the rotation lock engaged.)
- Automatic DVR discovery using Bonjour or manual connection using IP and port.
- "Premiere" mode for the Premiere and later DVRs that use a different set of remote codes for the keyboard that (should) improve keyboard support on these DVR models.
Note that some functions, such as TV power and volume cannot be controlled by Peanut. These functions are actually for your television and not the TiVo itself. There is no software mechanism in the DVR for retransmitting these commands from the DVR to your TV or other devices. While it might be possible to do this with an add-on bit of hardware or iOS accessory, it is not possible with the stock hardware at this time.
TiVo Series 3 or Later required. (Does not work on 1st or 2nd Generation DVRs.)
Please enable the "Network Remote Control" feature on your TiVo, and make sure both the TiVo and your iOS device are on the same network. Then use the "Info" button to search your network for DVRs broadcasting for remote control. (The "i" button in the upper right of Peanut's remote control takes you to the app's settings)
If you have any problems, please contact the support email address.
TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide. This application is not endorsed by TiVo.
- Redesigned resolution-independent graphics.
- Support for multiple screen resolutions, including iPhone X.
- FAQ and Help section added to settings screen.
- Initial overlay to instruct users how to enter the settings screen.
- Advertisements moved to top of screen to keep them out of the way.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple and functional, can't beat the price.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.