Unlock your creative potential! Discover how to easily turn any Sun, Moon and Milky Way scene you imagine into a real picture… and start shooting truly legendary photos every time you pick up the camera!
Whether your passion is to capture beautiful landscapes, immortalize the infinite night sky, surprise the bride and the groom in their happiest day... or to travel the world, PhotoPills will make you love exploring new artistic possibilities to tell visual stories in a way it wasn’t possible before.
* All in one app
PhotoPills is your iPhone and iPad personal assistant in all photographic matters. It provides tasty remedies to answer most of the questions when planning and shooting your creative ideas:
- The First 2D Map-Centric Planner: Sun, Moon, Milky Way
- Sun, Moon Alignments Fast Finder
- 3D Augmented Reality: Sun, Moon, Milky Way, Celestial Equator, Polaris, DoF, FoV
- Photo Plans Manager
- Location Scouting Tool
- Key information: Sunrise/set, Twilights, Golden Hour, Blue Hour, Moonrise/set, Supermoon dates, Moon Calendar
- Calculators: Long Exposure, Timelapse, Spot Stars, Star Trails, Hyperfocal Table, DoF, FoV
- Widgets: Sun, Moon, Milky Way
- PhotoPills Awards… and much more!
* Endorsed by Masters
“PhotoPills is an invaluable tool which I use every time I plan a shoot.” – Mark Gee, Astronomy Photographer of the Year.
“A tool every photographer should have.” – Kevin Raber, Luminous-landscape.com.
“It pays off! Using such a tool ensures that we are repeatedly capable of quickly planning powerful shots; leaving maximum opportunity for more creative ruminations.” – José B. Ruiz, Innovation Award, Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
* How it works
Have you ever walked around a place and thought: "What a pity the Moon isn't EXACTLY right there... I would have captured a great photo!"? What about the Sun? And the Milky Way? Well, now you can let your imagination fly and calculate when this specific magic moment happens in just a few seconds:
- IMAGINE: the Milky Way arching over a powerful landscape, a giant full Moon appearing from behind a nearby hill or a sunset between two rocks on a magic beach... The only limit is your imagination!
- PLAN: easily calculate the exact date and time the scene you’ve imagined happens. Work smarter, not harder!
- SHOOT: just get out there, immerse yourself in the great outdoors, and enjoy living and capturing unique moments.
* Become a Legend
Because we know the huge amount of time, energy and love you put in your photos. We want to HONOR them, SHOW them to the World, and REWARD you with up to $6,600 in cash prizes. It's easy and FREE! Just submit your creative photos from PhotoPills and join the Legacy!
* Never waste an unmissable scene again
Create a To-Do list of planned photos and get to the location on time.
* Get it right
Adjust your frame for the best composition before you shoot. Use the 3D Augmented Reality Views to see whether Sun, Moon and Milky Way will be at the desired position when pressing the shutter.
* Explore, discover great places and create your own database of locations
If you come across a location you’d like to remember, save it as a Point of Interest.
* Enjoy all daily information in just one swipe with the Widgets
Just swipe down from the top of the screen to get all the Sun, Moon and Milky Way events for your current location and date, in addition to your upcoming photo plans.
* Get more than an app
Our goal is not only to help you plan your shots, but also to help you nail them. Whenever you need help, take a look at our How-To articles and videos, join our free online courses or just contact us!
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take PhotoPills – you stay in Wonderland and we show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. Remember: all we’re offering are Legendary Photos and Goosebumps in your skin, nothing more.”
- New cameras: Autel EVO, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K; Canon EOS 250D (Rebel SL3 / Kiss X10), PowerShot G5 X Mark II, PowerShot G7 X Mark III; DJI Osmo Pocket; Fujifilm GFX 100; Leica M-E (Typ 240); Nikon Coolpix W150; Olympus OM-D E-M1X, Tough TG-6; Panasonic Varicam 35, Lumix DC-G90, Lumix DC-G91, Lumix DC-G95; Phase One IQ4 150MP, IQ4 100MP; Red Gemini, Monstro, Helium, Dragon-X; Sigma fp; Sony DSC-RX0 II, a7R IV.
- Bug fixes
Please, If you find a bug (or have a suggestion), send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll fix it as soon as possible :)
Ratings and Reviews
Great for Astrophotography
This app is a nice addition if you plan to shoot astrophotography. You can plan in advance and get an idea what it might look like.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much!
Probably the best app I ever downloaded on my iPad. Very well thought and done.
Congratulations to the developpers and their product owner(s).
Very useful app
Developer Response ,
- PhotoPills S.L.
- 65.4 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2015 PhotoPills, SL. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.