• Suitable for beginners to advanced musicians with all the essential ear training exercises in various levels.
• Quickly develop aural skills by personalising your training by focusing on specific chords, intervals, progressions, scales etc.
• Track progress as you improve efficiently in each ear training discipline.
• A simple intuitive design enables you quickly enjoy ear training and follow the help and tutorials to get most out of the ear trainer.
• Configurable piano which strongly aids connection between visual and aural skills and musical instruments.
• Most popular and extensive ear training with over 1 millions users.
• Highly recommended by professional and student musicians in top musical schools contributing to the design for their own use.
• Ideal for all musicians as you can easily change the instrument sounds.
***** interval training *****
Being able to determine intervals between notes in the key skill to playing by ear.
Challenge your expertise by changing the base note or playing the notes together.
This is made easy as it associates an interval with a well known song.
***** chord distinction *****
Can you distinguish between a Major from a Minor chord for example?
There are 100s of chords to differentiate.
You can help your understanding by selecting arpeggio mode to aid chord distinction and selecting highlight to visualise the construction of the chords.
You can challenge yourself by changing the key of the chord.
Work your way quickly and steadily through the levels.
Another exercise to help you fully understand musical theory and composition.
***** higher lower *****
Given 2 notes, can you identify whether the second note is higher or lower in pitch than the first note?
Musicians can train their ears to recognise different pitches.
Whilst this is a beginners exercise, you can challenge yourself by reducing the range of the 2 notes played.
***** pitch training *****
After hearing a pitch, can you accurately play that same pitch on the piano?
This exercise allows your to zoom in on the note using relative pitch skills, and will record how many notes it takes for you to correctly identify. You can easily adjust the difficult by setting a time interval between listening and playing.
***** interval comparison *****
Given 2 intervals, can you determine whether the second interval is wider or narrower in distance?
***** pitch identification *****
A popular test that comes up in music grade aural exams. Given a chord can you identify a specific note/pitch within it? For example, given a C Major chord, can you find the highest note?
***** melodic dictation *****
Listen to a melody and then play it back on the piano. You can make it easier by adjusting the speed and focusing on a few notes at a time.
***** chord progression *****
Can you distinguish a I - IV - V - I progression from a I - V- IV - I? Contains all the most common chord progressions which you will find in nearly all the most popular songs.
***** scale identification *****
Listen to a scale and can you then identify it as a Major scale, Harmonic Minor or Natural Minor for example?
***** absolute pitch *****
Given the same note played at different octaves, can you identify its pitch?
Includes a Learning mode to imprint the pitches into the brain.
Enhanced Sound Stability
Ratings and Reviews
Keys are too big, scrolling doesn't work
The app doesn't seem to be adapted to ipads. The keys are too big. There is no function to fit more keys onto the screen. The scrolling on the keyboard doesn't work.
Very frustrating. Keeps telling me I’m doing the opposite of what I’m actually doing when it comes to higher or lower notes. Tells me I’m playing up rather than down, for example, and that’s not the case. No instruction in settings area. Time to find a new app, I think. This one may be beyond my beginner level.
Developer Response ,
We have just tested and working fine. Press the 'i' for instructions for each exercise from the home page or watch the tutorial videos. In Higher Lower, press the 'Play Notes' button for 2 notes at random pitches. Then you choose whether the 2nd note was higher or lower in pitch. If you are unsure, Press 'See' to see which notes are played on the keyboard.
Please put more intervals and more kinds of ear training
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Learn To Master Ltd
- 39.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Learn To Master
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Version $2.79
- Annual Premium Version $24.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.