Pipes (Oilfield) App computes the volumes and weights of various oilfield pipes. This includes the calculation of:
- The metal displacement volume for an open-ended or closed-ended pipe string.
- The internal volume of a pipe string (pipe string capacity)
- The annular volume between two pipe strings.
- The annular volume between a pipe string and the open hole.
- The annular volume between a pipe string and a combination of pipe string and open hole.
- The weight of a pipe string in air or in a fluid (the calculator allows to define a different fluid density inside and outside the pipe string).
For annular volume calculations, the app allows the addition of an excess percent . This can be applied to either the open hole sections only or to open hole and outer pipe sections.
Also, the Pipes (Oilfield) App allows each of the above strings to be composed of three different pipe sections and the same applies to the open hole. The app includes a complete database of all API casing, drill pipe and tubing pipes as well as the list of the most common coiled tubing and open hole sizes. A provision of adding and deleting user's defined pipe details is made through the "User's Data" module. Moreover, the app allows saving the calculation details and sharing them through emails, messaging apps, and through iCloud account to different user's devices.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.