Full-featured and powerful image editing app for the Mac.
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac features and technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply dazzling effects, or create advanced compositions with ease. Once your images are ready, save them to popular image formats, share them via email or social networks, print them, or instantly add them to your Photos library. All right from Pixelmator.
The new Pixelmator 3.8 Phoenix is designed to integrate seamlessly with macOS Mojave's fresh and modern look, macOS Continuity features, like Handoff, iCloud Drive, and Continuity Camera, and it works wonderfully together with Pixelmator for iOS.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
• Quickly and easily select any part of an image
• Edit and apply special effects to parts of your pictures
• Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
• Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
• Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
• Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness, and blending modes
• Adjust brush settings to get just the look you want
• Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
• Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
• Make flaws vanish from your photos, remove or rearrange objects in a composition
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken specific areas
• Reshape areas to subtly improve or give images a completely unexpected look
• Combine different tools and effects for an endless number of ways to refine your images
• Easily add, create, combine, and edit shapes
• Quickly add lines, circles, rectangles, polygons, and many more custom shapes
• Effortlessly apply shadows, fills, and strokes for more advanced shapes
• Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations, and much more
A real effects machine
• Play with over 160 breathtaking effects
• Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
• Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast, and much more
• Replace and remix colors
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
• Easily add non-destructive layer effects like shadows, outlines, color, gradient fills, or reflections
• Combine a set of effects to create and save your own unique layer style presets
• Or just use any of the Pixelmator Team-designed layer style presets
• Apply any of the layer style presets using drag and drop
• Launch Pixelmator directly from Photos and save edits back to the original image
• Open and save images using PSD, JPEG, PNG, HEIF, TIFF, PDF, and many other popular formats
• Open and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save 16-bits per channel images
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
• Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly sync your work across all your Macs
• Skip manual saving of your documents thanks to Auto Save
• Email your photos right from Pixelmator
• Publish your images to social applications like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
• Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums, and more
Editing extensions for the Photos app:
• Retouch photos with powerful Pixelmator retouching tools right inside the Photos app
• Reshape images with Metal-based Pixelmator distort tools without leaving Photos
Built exclusively for Mac
Pixelmator uses a number of macOS features and technologies like Cocoa, Metal, Core Image, Grand Central Dispatch, 64-bit, FaceTime camera, Automator, Full-Screen, built-in Sharing and much more. And Pixelmator’s beautiful interface and image editing engine are fully optimized for the MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Apple Design Award Winner
Best of Mac App Store 2011: App of the Year 2011
This update includes a number of bug fixes and stability improvements.
• The Spotlight effect was not working correctly. Fixed.
• Adding guides would result in memory not being released after closing documents. Fixed.
• Saving documents manually or automatically with iCloud enabled would result in memory not being released after closing documents. Fixed.
• Using the Copy and Paste commands within Pixelmator would result in memory not being released after closing documents. Fixed.
• Dragging colors from the Colors window or from color wells onto the canvas would sometimes cause Pixelmator to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Pressing modifier keys while using the Crop tool would sometimes cause Pixelmator to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Undoing edits would occasionally cause Pixelmator to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Attempting to restore documents with layer styles would sometimes cause Pixelmator to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Attempting to open corrupted documents would cause Pixelmator to stop responding. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator in general? We’d love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and Reviews
Interface utilisateur inutilisable
Toute l’interface utilisateur est sur fond noir. TELLEMENT fatigant pour les yeux. Après 30 secondes, on pense devenir fou. Une vraie torture à utiliser. Complètement non productif et va à l’encontre de toutes les règles élémentaires d’ergonomie. Dommage ! Je cherche un remplaçant à Photoshop et Pixelmator pourrait être un bon candidat… à condition de donner le CHOIX aux utilisateurs d’avoir une interface en gris pâle.
Don’t Read Adobe troll reports that put this great app down
This app is a wonderful full featured photo editing program with intuitive interfaces and super fast controls. Adobe Trolls are putting it down in the reviews to try to make you unsure about purchasing Pixelmator. Don’t believe the garbage they write.
Money back please
Unfortunately after buyiing and seeing the poor performance yo ucan’t get your money back. Looking for a simple to use graphic program to adjust grpahics this is not it. Not user friendly.
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 112.1 MB
- Graphics & Design
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2007-2019 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.