Drag and drop PNG images from Finder into the app to reduce their files sizes. This tool is an excellent GUI wrapper around command line tools for PNG compression.
Why do you need PNG Compressor:
✔ Optimize graphics on your website for faster loading and saving the bandwidth
✔ Reduce file sizes of pictures to lower hosting costs
✔ Compress bitmaps in your iPhone or Mac app bundles
✔ Replace console tools like pngcrush, optipng, advpng and pngout with a native Mac app.
• Improved General and Advanced preference panes
• A new preference pane Queue for command line tools
• Quick Look panel for previewing selected images
• Displaying of total savings in the status bar
• A contextual menu in the list view
• New preferences for text size and savings in the list view
• Support for “silent” compression when you drag an image into the Dock
• A new option to compress images in any folder automatically
• Press and hold the Shift key on launch to reset all preferences
• Completed images are cleaned up automatically on quit
• Other improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Drag pdf. Load through Menu. Nothing. Doesn’t work. Garbage waste of money.
Developer Response ,
PNG compressor does not compress PDFs, sorry.
Simple & Effective
I use this app all the time on PNG files from 2K - 200K. Easy to install. Easy to use. Never fails me. Highly recommended.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for the kind words!
less than 1kb of savings on a 233kb file.
I don't know about applications with 300 meg pngs containing 3D animation, but for real life scenarios I have yet to get any compression whatsoever out of this app.
The developer, Vadim Shpakovski, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Vadim Shpakovski
- 948.8 KB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.6.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2011 Shpakovski
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.