• Detailed worldwide maps and travel guides • Topographic contour maps for the outdoors • Works completely offline even with GPS • Great when abroad or in the wilderness, NO data roaming charges • Online routing with offline Voice Guidance and much more!
« Reviews »
“I love this technology” – Natali Morris, Tech Reporter, NBC’s Today Show
Editor's Pick Best Offline Map App – thedigitaltrekker.com
“The best travel app in the world… Don’t leave home without it!” – bonvoyageurs.com
“Very impressive app with unmatched features.” – toptenreviews.com
« Maps »
• Beautiful Retina quality maps at a fraction of the size! The fastest and most beautiful offline maps on the App Store!
• Detailed and interactive worldwide maps! More than 100,000 places & completely free!
• Access your maps online and offline! Saves on data roaming costs!
• Personalize the maps to show the info you want!
• Online Routing with voice guided turn by turn directions. Save your multi-stop itineraries for offline navigation!
• Online street address search and contacts integration!
• Did we mention everything is offline? Works anywhere- cities, small towns, even in the middle of nowhere. Never any roaming charges. We dare you to try it!
« For the Traveler »
• Find out about thousands of interesting places - hotels, restaurants, bars, tourist sites, even get metro and public transit info!
• Our super wide area Nearby search is also super fast!
• Have all the travel info you need with more than 25,000 detailed Wikivoyage Travel Guides and more than 1 million Wikipedia articles in 7 languages! All offline of course!
• Customizable Pins and favorites groups! Add notes and mark and share favorite spots!
• Share maps links and your current location (SMS, Facebook, WhatsApp, Email, etc)!
« For the Adventurer »
• An in-app purchase option offers topographic maps. Get high performance, high accuracy 10m / 50ft contour display world-wide. The ONLY offline app that lets you download large areas, even entire countries! Contours are displayed on our existing maps for all Activities.
• Hiking and Cycling maps! Great for geocaching and getting off the track!
• GPS track recording lets you see what route you took! Great for hikes, cycling and off road! Never get lost again!
• Import/Export support for GPX and CSV files! Share with friends using PE Archives.
• Displays and lets you search for map coordinates (including DD, DDM, DMS, MGRS, UTM/UPS, GeoHash, and what3words)!
• Numerous GPS settings for your preferred configuration including compass and heading arrow or rotation, look ahead mode, accuracy and recording settings.
...and much more - so try it out!
« How's it Work? »
Just select the cities, regions, or even whole countries you want to download, and it will be available for offline use, complete with information on thousands of POIs (Points of Interest), travel guides and Wikipedia articles.
To do this we utilize community driven open data from a number of amazing projects. We use some magik to compress and package it in a format optimized for mobile devices. Pocket Earth then renders its beautiful vector maps on your device using our OpenGL ES based MagikMap technology.
To learn more about Pocket Earth or the community driven open data sources that we use, please visit our website.
Don’t forget this:
1. Using the GPS features of this app can significantly affect battery life. Only leave GPS enabled when you need to use it. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Pocket Earth only uses GPS in the background for route navigation and gps track recording features.
2. This app uses data from the amazing community driven open mapping project called openstreetmap.org! Coverage detail may vary by region, please visit our website to check the map detail for your regions of interest.
3. Does not currently support all asian texts on the map (Chinese, Japanese, etc).
Ratings and Reviews
Topographic maps missing
Topography disappeared in southern BC, Waterton National Park and Glacier National Park. Testing on multiple devices with the same results. Could you please help with a fix?
Giving you 5 stars as you’re amazing and we love you for so many years!
Better then all else!
Even though there's much to learn before using it at its full potential, the application works wonders. For hiking trips in the wild, or just trying to find viewpoints it's an amazing app. Plus, compared to all other hiking apps (AllTrails) around, this one is free and had always up to date maps due to it being synced With OSM. You can download offline maps without paying a monthly subscription. I use it everytime I'm going on a hike. Definitely a top 5 travel app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GeoMagik LLC
- 34.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012 GeoMagik LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Topographic Maps $6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.