Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch as a wireless keyboard and trackpad for your Raspberry Pi!
This universal application lets you send keystrokes and mouse events to you Raspberry Pi computers over TCP/IP via a wired or wireless network.
Remote Pi is ideal for making the best out of a Raspberry Pi in the living room, or office too. Use for:
- Text editing
- Controlling media players
- Do everything in your Raspberry Pi computer that you would normally do with a traditional keyboard and mouse/trackpad, even programming!
- Keep the two USB ports in your Raspberry Pi Model B free when using wired network.
- Keep one USB port free when using a WiFi USB dongle.
- Very inexpensive compared to wireless hardware keyboards and trackpad alternatives. Besides, it's good for the environment: reuse a wireless mobile device you already own instead of buying yet another hardware input gadget.
- If you develop applications and gadgets for your Raspberry Pi, you could use Remote Pi as a remote controller if you program your application to respond to regular keyboard and mouse events.
Three easy steps:
1. Download this application on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
2. Download and install a driver for your Raspberry Pi at http://remotepi.io
3. Run application and connect to your Raspberry Pi using its hostname or IP address. And, you're set!
More enhancements coming soon.
Visit http://remotepi.io for more information.
- New immediate keyboard mode! Now you can send all keystrokes as you type them immediately to your connected Raspberry Pi.
- Simply tap the button with the orange lightning icon next to the input text field to toggle between buffered keystrokes (default) and immediate mode.
Ratings and Reviews
It works, not many more positive things to say about it.
Had no trouble getting it working. Basically wanted RemoteMouse for the Pi. This version is sorely lacking in features, and is kind of a pain to use. Regret dropping money on it, but if the developer took notes from RemoteMouse and updated this thing, it could potentially one day be decent.
I tried it and it did not work. The app could not find my Pi, even though I put the IP address in
This app can be install without a keyboard!!! Amazing!!!
This app is exactly what I was looking for. It is simple and do what it is supposed to do. It just saved me the price of a keyboard! Thanks again!!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.