République’s massive Fall 2018 update includes over 1000 fixes and new features, including:
• FREE EPISODE ONE: Players can now access Episode 1: Exordium free of charge! Episodes 2-5 can unlocked with a single in-app purchase
• 3 Unique Costumes: For the very first time on mobile, players can access three costumes for Hope that not only look cool, but change the way you play…
o Runner: Hope becomes ultra-fast, and a timer records your speedrun progress
o Prizrak: Unlocks unlimited TASER® shots
o Student: Turns off auto-save and randomizes weapon drops. Players must collect Tapes to save their game at Beast terminals. For hardcore République players only!
• Bluetooth Gamepad Support + New Control Scheme: mobile players can now control Hope directly with a Bluetooth gamepad, just like the console version
• Lightning fast speeds: République now runs at 60FPS on iPhone X
• Improved performance, frame rate, and visuals across all devices
• FREE documentary series: Our six-part documentary, THE MAKING OF RÉPUBLIQUE, is now available for free
• And much, much more!
Developed over five years by industry veterans (Metal Gear Solid, Halo, F.E.A.R.), RÉPUBLIQUE is a thrilling and topical stealth-action game that explores the perils of government surveillance in the Internet Age.
• POLYGON - "A must-play experience in 2014."
• IGN - "Special, new, and necessary."
• TOUCH ARCADE (5/5) - "Shaping up to be a masterpiece."
• WINNER - “Excellence in Storytelling,” International Mobile Game Awards
• THE WASHINGTON POST - "Sets a new benchmark for mobile game quality."
You receive a call from Hope, a woman trapped inside a mysterious totalitarian state. By hacking into the nation's elaborate surveillance network and taking control, you guide Hope through a web of danger and deception across five thrilling episodes.
• One Touch stealth action gameplay
• Immersive puzzles and strategic choices
• Innovative, interactive developer commentary (in-app purchase)
• Fully translated in English, French, German, Spanish, Russian and Portuguese
• Incredible voiceover performances, starring:
o Rena Strober
o David Hayter (Metal Gear Solid)
o Jennifer Hale (Mass Effect, BioShock Infinite)
o Dwight Schultz (killer7, Star Trek)
o Khary Payton (Metal Gear Solid 4)
• Not optimized for iPhone 4
• Close all running apps to improve performance and stability
5/2/19: update resolves various bugs and performance issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Don't buy everything
Here is my review for the whole 5 episodes on Iphone 6+ (spoiler free):
ep.1-3: Flawless. Epic episodes with only a few crashes here and there (it is to be expected when the Iphone is getting hot). The animations are good, the controls are fine, the storyline is excellent and the add placement in this game is put in the most creative ways I could even imagine. Instead of putting annoying banners everywhere on the screen, the adds are in fact collectibles that actually improves the gaming experience rather than destroying it.
ep.4: This is my least favourite episode. It is repetitive and boring (the main enemy made me sigh whenever he appeared), the lack of map made me wander around for hours before making the slightest progress and Hope's voice is so off (she sounds like a naive and innocent 5 year old girl), the zoom on Hope's hands in one of the cutscenes feels weird (the hands look like they were made for N64 graphics) and what's up with that creepy ambiance? Is this a horror game all of the sudden?
ep.5: This is where I gave up. All the gameplay part was excellent, don't get me wrong, but the ending parts are long with no checkpoint and they crash as soon as I took control of a mini-helicopter drone. So, here I am replaying the 30 min. ending multiple times to see my app close right at the end!
I know ep.4 cannot be completely changed, but please at least fix the ending... Overall, the game was fun and I wish some developers use that game as a reference in the future.
Be wary of “free” episodes.
The episodes are not “free” as the in-app purchases would have you believe. I wouldn’t expect them to be, but they also shouldn’t claim they are. It’s misleading. If you buy this game and all the chapters, it’s going to cost the season pass amount.
You have too pay for everything in game not worth it
- Camouflaj LLC
- 3.2 GB
Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Camouflaj LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Episodes 2-5 $9.99
- Episode 2: Metamorphosis Free
- Episode 3: Ones & Zeroes Free
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.